Ranger Warranty Work In NC (Raleigh Area)

This is not intended to start any conflict / arguments / flame wars / etc. just want some opinions and advice. I live in Raleigh and need some warranty work done - my obvious choices are Anglers Choice in Martinsville / Lexington, or Collins in Smithfield. Has anything experience with both, or either?

2. Member
    I've had work done by both places. Both did just fine. I'd choose Collins if I were you because they're closer.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

3. Member
    Collins due to the proximity

4. Member
    I drive all the way to Martinsville for mine from Goldsboro - for what its worth. Usually fairly quick to get scheduled (same or following week most cases), and if you ever have any issues they drag it right in there and fix it soon as you get there. If it's hull work I don't know if there's much difference, both likely getting someone else to repair it, if its motor AC has tighter connections with Merc in my opinion.

Where ever you go, spend some time there and form some relationships, nothing worse than not knowing anyone at a marine dealer, hard to get anything done honestly without some sort of connection.

What kind of warranty work is needed ….
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I would recommend Anglers Choice.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    What kind of warranty work is needed ….
    Ted, Live-wells won’t hold water and one of the live-well switches and its cable are bound, the carpet at the front is pealing up a little and I have a water issue in the front carpeted driver compartment described in the Ranger forum I want to inquire about. Livewell issue the main thing to get tourney ready.

8. Member
    As an update I called and spoke with Scott at Collins and Deborah at AC Martinsville about what I needed done and if they could help. After both conversations, it was a no brainer for me to make the 2 hour drive to Martinsville and I'll leave it at that. Scheduled an Appt. with Deborah for 9am this morning and they had me out within 3 hours and back on the road. Absolutely top notch group of people and will be happy to give Sandy and Nick more of my business. And yes I also dropped $400 in the tackle shop

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    As an update I called and spoke with Scott at Collins and Deborah at AC Martinsville about what I needed done and if they could help. After both conversations, it was a no brainer for me to make the 2 hour drive to Martinsville and I'll leave it at that. Scheduled an Appt. with Deborah for 9am this morning and they had me out within 3 hours and back on the road. Absolutely top notch group of people and will be happy to give Sandy and Nick more of my business. And yes I also dropped $400 in the tackle shop
    on the tackle and service