Question Colorado / Canyon with I5 for son....

Been looking around some for my son a small size truck (great timing I know). Tacomas are out, not paying that much. Seems the Colorados and Canyons are kind of reasonable. No dealings with their I5 engines most in his price range seem to have. See a lot of them for sale with 200+ miles though. Any run away stories with these?

2. Member
    nearly indestructable truck, my 07 had 440k miles on it when I sold it to an employee of mine in 2020 that's still driving it today.

3. Member
    I have a 2005 Colorado CrewCab Z71 LS with the I-5. Has 180k miles on it. All I’ve done is changed the oil every ~5k and flushed the coolant and drivetrain fluids once. Have not had a single mechanical problem with it. The suspension is starting to get a little sloppy but any vehicle would at that mileage. I pull my 17’ Ranger R70 with it all over the place. It’s a good little truck.

4. Member
    Wow! That might be a record for a GM product

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Wow! That might be a record for a GM product
    Ouch

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Ouch

I own 2 so...I like em but 440 is Yota territory. Good to hear these are reliable. A lot of them in his (my) price range.

7. Member
    I know someone that has one. It is a good truck but it needs a shorter first gear or more torque. You got to slip the clutch pretty good to pull a boat up a ramp.

Now that I think about it, several of my relatives have them and have zero complaints mechanically. I find the seats a bit uncomfortable the times I have been in them.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 01-17-2022 at 10:56 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    should be noted the towing capacity is only like 4kwhen equipped with a tow package, otherwise its under 3k, and that's before wear and tear, should be fine with most bass boats, but pushing the limit with some.

10. Member
    We have a bunch of them at work for fleet use. Very few problems. The biggest issue is they do not like to idle. They sputter. All of them have over 200k tho and a lot of idle time.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle