Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 Fishing Goals

I am just curious if you set goals? I have wanted a 10lber and to win an ABA or BFl for several years. May never achieve either one but sure is fun trying! Anyone set similar goals each year. I may need to reevaluate..lol

2. Member
    My goal is to enjoy every moment on the water. Never know when it will be the last.

Same as always...enjoy the outdoors, get a little competition. Get home safe.

4. Member
    Get better with a crank bait and skipping docks. Make better decisions in tournaments and have fewer blowups when the fish don't do exactly what I think they should. Become a better Largemouth Fishermen. When I get on a LM lake and need to cover water I find myself still going way to slow trying to get a bite when I should be burning down the banks with a spinnerbait or CB.
    2020 Caymas CX20

Fish more water, catch more fish, enjoy every time I get the chance.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    To not suck as bad as I did last year.

7. Member
    Get all my grandsons out in the boat

8. Member
    Just to get back on the water. As cg2fish said, never know when it may be the last time.

My goals are the same each year. Qualify for the BFL Regional and then make it to the All American. I've qualified for several Regionals but I still have never made it to the All American. Several guys in my group of tournament friends have been to the All American and after hearing their stories, It makes me want it that much more.

My secondary goals are to win as many Federation and team tournaments as The Good Lord allows and to qualify for each Regional/Classic in the circuits that I am fish'n.

I have one goal the remains constant every year for the MLF BFL's and The Federation tournaments and that is to be a great boat partner for my co-angler. I make it a point to tell every co-angler in my boat that it is my hope that they have a wonderful experience, to make themselves feel "at home", and to speak up if there is any bait/equipment that they may need. I then ask them if they prefer to have their fish netted and then I inform them how I would like my fish handled.

The dredging project on my favorite lake is nearing completion and this has created some new squarebill opportunities as most of the scum that made them tough to fish is now gone. Looking forward to capitalizing on that situation.
    Ranting incoherently

Catch one more fish than last year..

12. Member
    Oh yeah, I always have goals every year. For 2022, this will be the first year I don't specifically target a new technique or bait. For 2021, my goal was to work on the last aspect of what I still struggled with, which was catching suspended smallmouth midsummer. I worked my butt off and got it figured out, so now I am finally at a point where I feel I can catch a bass anywhere, in any conditions. I don't have any holes left in my abilities.

So for 2022, my goal is to expand on my favorite techniques, and really work on the nuances of everything I do with them. Like jigs. I LIVE for throwing jigs. I own hundreds, but it's basically the same 3 colors spread out over a dozen different styles (head size/shape and skirt cut/strand count). Same for my trailers, basically just 3 colors (2 really for 90% of what I have), just all different lengths and intensity of the action in the appendages.

I want to keep tweaking the presentation of these baits. Will just a little color addition here and there take a great day to an extraordinary day? Maybe a 1" longer or even shorter jig trailer also have that same kind of impact? I don't want to just get a good bite locked in and stop expanding on what I'm doing after that. I want to tie on the same thing with a slight tweak to it, and see if I can get even better results. Of if they're worse, no worries, just keep tweaking what I'm doing.

Ideally, this will help me catch bigger fish more reliably. I'm still getting loads better on that, every year the number of 3+ lb bass I get in a single day goes up and up. But I'm still not where I want to be, so I like the idea of doing this to expand on what I'm already good at. Jigs, dropshot, and t-rigged plastics are all the things I'm going to primarily focus on for this goal first, then we'll see what else I expand on from there as the season goes on.

13. Member
    Get the desire to go back like i used to have. I still do fish but most of time can take it or leave it . Went last week with my son and had a great day . We caught 15 good fish, Crankbaits and jigs .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

14. Member
    I fish in a club and always have the goal to win the club angler of the year. This is not really a goal, but I hope to have a pain free year of fishing. My elbows and hands have bothered me over the last year or two.

15. Member
    Try dropshotting.
    Take a week and head to a southern US big bass lake.

My goals are trying to get a carp or a musky on a fly. Then just trying to get out more.

Have a few but at the topof my list is to take my 1 yr old on her first trip in the boat.
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

18. Member
    For me it is to just get out more, catch more fish, and just enjoy it a bit more.

Not to suck so bad! My partner and I have always been in the top 5 for AOY in the trail that we fish. And we won AOY in 2020. This year, we finished 14th in AOY! To show you how bad it was, we won one of the 6 tournaments and still finished 14th. In the other trail we fish, every other Thursday for retired guys, we finished first OUT OF THE MOENY in 6 different tournaments this past year! In 2022, it's time to stop sucking!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I set goals to find new water or spots to fish. My 2 lakes (especially Mead) are so big I go explore new spots to find new water. I found a really good spot on Mohave last time I was down there. I had NO idea this cove was this big or even a clue the size of it. It is an awesome spot and I will be looking for more places this year.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast