Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Will 195 ever get a 225HP rating??

Does anyone in the know have any insight if the 195 will ever get a 225? Love the fact that the Falcon factory is so close to home and that I work in Columbia frequently. Only thing SLIGHTLY swinging me towards a CX19 is the 225 rating and 50 gallons of fuel.

Also - how does everyone like the upward lifting locker lids as opposed to opening outwards? Any issues with rods falling over?

Thanks for any responses

2. Member
    No issues with the rod lockers for me - I've dumped a rod (or 2) into the drink with the traditional style, but have not had any issues with the Falcon rod lockers. I really like that I can get into the lockers without climbing in the boat!
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Thank you!

4. Member
    To get a 225 rating they are going to either have to make the hull longer or wider. Going by the USCG formula for boats under 20' it comes up to a max rating of 212hp as it is.

5. Member
    Isn't it a 70 mph boat? I've heard many people say it gets squirrely over 70, not sure if a 225 is really necessary.

I wish I could verify above, but I'm still waiting for the Pro XS 200 I ordered.

6. Member
    I love the rod locker lids. I always prop mine open about 6 inches when it's stored in the garage. I just prop them up with a small box. This makes sure they dry out and you don't have mold issues.

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Alverson View Post
    I love the rod locker lids. I always prop mine open about 6 inches when it's stored in the garage. I just prop them up with a small box. This makes sure they dry out and you don't have mold issues.
    Dry out as from opening in rain, or are you seeing issues with the lockers leaking?

8. Member
    Needs a 225 for sure, I would go with the CX19 instead for the 225hp.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    Dry out as from opening in rain, or are you seeing issues with the lockers leaking?
    For bass boats you should always open the lockers between fishing trips, they tend to get odors if always left closed IMO.

10. Member
    My F195 72 mph iWith a full tank of gas, 2 people and tournant load. I don’t see why a 200 is not adequate on this boat.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

11. Member
    My F195 has been just a hair shy of 77mph. It might get squirrely around ~75, depending on the prop I'm running and conditions.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitviper View Post
    My F195 has been just a hair shy of 77mph. It might get squirrely around ~75, depending on the prop I'm running and conditions.
    Wow! That's flying. I don't get anywhere near that in my F20. What's your setup?
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    Wow! That's flying. I don't get anywhere near that in my F20. What's your setup?
    I shared my prop testing details here http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1178887