Does God ever change His mind?

Of course not……Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) There are many scripture verses that expresses God’s perfect plan:

“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)

”The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.” (Isaiah 40:8)

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” (James 1:17)

”God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” (Numbers 23:19)

“Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.” (Psalm 119:89)

“The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.” (Jeremiah 31:3)

“But you are the same, and your years have no end.” (Psalm 102:27)

“So that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.” (Hebrews 6:18)

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;” (Lamentations 3:22)

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)

“The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.” (Psalm 33:11)

“For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” (Romans 11:29)

God’s will is sovereign which is also called His “hidden” will. It is “sovereign” in that it shows God to be the Sovereign ruler of the universe who ordains all that happens. It is “hidden” because we are usually unaware of this aspect of God’s will until what He has decreed takes place. There is nothing that happens that is outside of God’s sovereign will. Paul speaks of many mysteries that God didn’t fully reveal until he (Paul) had his conversion in the book of Acts. (See Paul’s seven mysteries)

Last edited by Chisco; 01-16-2022 at 07:19 PM.

2. Member
    Great verses. My atheist friends then ask "why did God repent then?". They sure keep us sharp :)
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Great verses. My atheist friends then ask "why did God repent then?". They sure keep us sharp :)
    A failure to understand God’s Word.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    A failure to understand God’s Word.
    my atheist friends are not concerned with that. Still hoping :)
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS