Don't Shoot the Messenger more battery talk

Ran into this today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxMQt-gpkIc

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Rick... Don't shoot the responder, either.

John Crews is a nice enough guy, and I'm sure he means well. That being said, Service Bulletins are for a specific group of Mercury Partners, and are not to be copied, published, transmitted, or handed out. At least he stated that Rick Pierce sent it to him.

What's interesting is listening to folks trying to read what they "want" to hear in a document. Approximately 35% of the information wasn't read, and when it came to the "CORRECTIONS" section, he had to read it at least 3 times before he realized it DID NOT say that Mercury approves the use of Lithium batteries (he kept trying to read it that way).

No skin off my back... because I won't ever be the "installer" (at least not until or unless a specific type is approved for the application).

As I've stated many times now- using a Lithium Battery does NOT void your engine warranty, as there is NO SUCH THING.

Mercury doesn't approve them- they specifically and clearly state that they approve LEAD ACID and AGM batteries for use with their engines, and refer to the engine installation manual.

They also may deny claims caused by the use of a Lithium Battery (and instruct to refer ALL battery related problems to the battery installer).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor