Active Target Depth settings jumping around

I am trying to figure out how to keep the depth setting constant. I have gone in and selected 30 ft and then while fishing all of the sudden it will jump to 5 ft then to 8 ft...back to 30 ft. I thought when I selected 30 ft, it would stay there but it operates like it is in auto mode? Any ideas?
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to keep the depth setting constant. I have gone in and selected 30 ft and then while fishing all of the sudden it will jump to 5 ft then to 8 ft...back to 30 ft. I thought when I selected 30 ft, it would stay there but it operates like it is in auto mode? Any ideas?
    Are you sure you don't have auto depth turned on at the bottom of the depth select page?

3. Member
    I have also noticed the problem with the depth jumping up and down while I'm in manual mode.

4. Member
    Depth can jump even in manual mode if range is "to much" versus depth. Try to cut down a bit on range when it starts jumping, and see if that helps. I haven`t used AT on the latest software, but when I used it it did well with about 4-5 times range versus depth, more than that and it would start adjusting depth regardless of it being in auto or manual mode.

5. Member
    No I have tried to going in auto mode and then turning it back off to maybe get it to quit jumping around. On the depth, Saturday we were fishing in 14-15 foot of water, I tried 30 feet, then 20 feet, and it would jump around on both depths. I upgraded the software so the Ghost 360 will work. Hopefully the software upgrade for the AT will help it.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

6. Banned
    Are you using Stableview? Not really sure what it is supposed to do but it is anything but "stable". Makes my unit appear to be looking over a cliff even in flat contours.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Are you using Stableview? Not really sure what it is supposed to do but it is anything but "stable". Makes my unit appear to be looking over a cliff even in flat contours.
    I have tried it with Stableview and with it off...I prefer it off...but I didn't see a difference on the depth jumping around...
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO