Thread: SeaDek

SeaDek

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to remove my vinyl and install SeaDek throughout? The wife and I bought the vinyl intentionally over another 195 that was carpeted, and boy do I regret it. Stuff is slick as snot when wet and I am not at the age or physical condition to be pulling myself out of the drink. thanks!
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Seadek would be a nice cleanup on these decks. I'd be interested in doing it to mine too. I guess I'll hqve to wait it out until the carpet is trashed though because that stuff is pricey.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member
    I asked if someone had done this yet and haven’t gotten any replies so I guess I will have to figure it out. I found another company (Hydro Turf) that looks to be about half the cost with good reviews

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twest1 View Post
    I asked if someone had done this yet and haven’t gotten any replies so I guess I will have to figure it out. I found another company (Hydro Turf) that looks to be about half the cost with good reviews
    I used Hydro Turf on my last boat and it held up well. On my latest boat I'm going with the 10mm EVA Foam sheets from Amazon. I haven't installed it yet but out of the box it appears close to Hydro Turf and its a little less expensive. ~ $60.00 a sheet. The reviews say it last about 5 years.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    I used Hydro Turf on my last boat and it held up well. On my latest boat I'm going with the 10mm EVA Foam sheets from Amazon. I haven't installed it yet but out of the box it appears close to Hydro Turf and its a little less expensive. ~ $60.00 a sheet. The reviews say it last about 5 years.
    Do you have any links for what you're using? As nice as Seadek is I think it's insanely overpriced.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

6. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Eapmic-Deckin...dDbGljaz10cnVl

This is an example just go on amazon and search EVA Foam Sheets Boat Flooring. There are all sorts of sizes, styles& colors. I do think the adhesive on these is not as strong but I have talked to a couple of guys that say just get a spray can of 3M adhesive at Home Depot for extra security. As with everything prep is necessary. On my last boat that was the pain of getting the old carpet glue removed as much as possible wiping down with acetone and be exacting on your cuts. IMO its easier then carpet and if I can get 4 years out of it, its so inexpensive I will just replace it. After looking at pictures of your boat and the great job you did on the deck extension I think you will have no problems. The major benefit to me is its cushion feeling( I fish barefoot in the summer plus it doesn't get slick even in very cold weather.}
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Eapmic-Deckin...dDbGljaz10cnVl

This is an example just go on amazon and search EVA Foam Sheets Boat Flooring. There are all sorts of sizes, styles& colors. I do think the adhesive on these is not as strong but I have talked to a couple of guys that say just get a spray can of 3M adhesive at Home Depot for extra security. As with everything prep is necessary. On my last boat that was the pain of getting the old carpet glue removed as much as possible wiping down with acetone and be exacting on your cuts. IMO its easier then carpet and if I can get 4 years out of it, its so inexpensive I will just replace it. After looking at pictures of your boat and the great job you did on the deck extension I think you will have no problems. The major benefit to me is its cushion feeling( I fish barefoot in the summer plus it doesn't get slick even in very cold weather.}
    Thank you!

I have found a new ability I didn't know I had in carpentry when I bought this boat, a lot of mods required cutting, measuring and modifying the boat itself, so something like this would just require old dimensions then trimming the new stuff to size. This would probably give me a good chance to convert the front deck to full aluminum instead of wood deck also, so it would be a win all around.

Thanks for the link!
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Thank you!

I have found a new ability I didn't know I had in carpentry when I bought this boat, a lot of mods required cutting, measuring and modifying the boat itself, so something like this would just require old dimensions then trimming the new stuff to size. This would probably give me a good chance to convert the front deck to full aluminum instead of wood deck also, so it would be a win all around.

Thanks for the link!
    I think that would be great. I'm fixing to tear the floor out of mine in the next two weeks. I have a couple of soft spots and I have two sheets of marine grade that will get coated in resin then apply the EVA foam sheets. To the OP I think hydro turf or these sheets I posted in #6 will definitely be less in cost then the seadek I do not know if they are as durable. Good Luck on whichever way you choose
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

9. Member
    Here is a tracker done with Seadek.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGK-CMF...dium=copy_link

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post

That looks really good.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Wow that looks awesome.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

12. Member
    i'd love to have my boat done in seadek, those before & after pics looks very labor intensive!!

13. Member

I would be curious to see a picture of where the front deck ends and drops to cockpit floor. Do the edges just but up against each other at a 90* angle?