USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Mega live boat icon on solix

It’s to cold to use my recently installed mega live and G3 solix but I was just watching a YT video of Zona catching fish and his screen showed a boat icon with the transducer location on the screen. How do you show this as I don’t see it in the manual?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 26 in the manual shows the icon with beam direction (D) notation.

Page 43/44 discusses the boat icon for SOLIX and Helix.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    He is using helix..

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    He is using helix..
    yeah noticed that. Im still learning while it’s winter
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Page 26 in the manual shows the icon with beam direction (D) notation.

Page 43/44 discusses the boat icon for SOLIX and Helix.
    thanks, missed that part on page 43
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Thanks again, learning a lot since I’ve yet to get my mega live and 360 wet yet. I like that icon for a reference.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    I am in the same boat Jim (not on the water). I have mentioned before, but I guess nobody is using the icon much. My question is has anybody noticed if the direction of the sonar beam coming out of the icon is accurate. There is a note in the manual mentioning you need the Heading sensor to use that feature. That is so the icon is pointing in the correct direction from the boats point of view, but there is no mention of the beam direction as far as what keeps that pointed in the correct direction from the ML's point of view. Yes there is an AHRS module in the ML transducer, but I have seen no calibration sequence anywhere for it. The answer I am looking for related to that, is how close the waypoints are to where they are plotted on screen by the cursor on helix or where you touch the screen on a Solex/Apex from the GPS's point of view.(actual position on Earth) I understand the Ultrex can use its gps and compass if you have ML bolted to it, but if you have a separate "Pole" with your ML on it, this direction is important. At least that is what is bouncing around in my little brain. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

10. Member
    I never could it it to show accurately 100% of the time. Sometimes it shows the correct positioning, sometimes it doesn't, and I'm running a heading sensor. I eventually got tired of messing with it and turned it off!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I am in the same boat Jim (not on the water). I have mentioned before, but I guess nobody is using the icon much. My question is has anybody noticed if the direction of the sonar beam coming out of the icon is accurate. There is a note in the manual mentioning you need the Heading sensor to use that feature. That is so the icon is pointing in the correct direction from the boats point of view, but there is no mention of the beam direction as far as what keeps that pointed in the correct direction from the ML's point of view. Yes there is an AHRS module in the ML transducer, but I have seen no calibration sequence anywhere for it. The answer I am looking for related to that, is how close the waypoints are to where they are plotted on screen by the cursor on helix or where you touch the screen on a Solex/Apex from the GPS's point of view.(actual position on Earth) I understand the Ultrex can use its gps and compass if you have ML bolted to it, but if you have a separate "Pole" with your ML on it, this direction is important. At least that is what is bouncing around in my little brain. Bob
    GPS will be where the subscribed GPS antenna is whether it is the internal GPS antenna, iPilot LINK or AS GPS HS.
    A Heading Sensor is used for direction and it makes no difference where that is, just has to be aligned Forward.
    No different than waypoints on the MEGA 360 view.

BUT I have the icon turned off since the MEGA LIVE is so close to the motor that the AHRS is affected when the motor is running.
    For the one day I had LIVE on a separate pole, I did not check to see if it was far enough away from the running motor to not be affected.

LIVE displayed waypoints are only on the Landscape view:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Are they not visible on the chart? I was planning on getting waypoints of structure with fish on them for later on that lake section or to look closely in that area another time out. Was hoping it would do that as I usually have to confirm on 2D or DI when I click on structure using SI. I am usually trolling down the bank and don't want to confirm then as I am usually pulling 4 to 6 cranks trolling. About 1/2 the time I cant locate that spot(boulder or small ledge) easily after completing my run. Must be a Walleye thing. I will have to check out when I am finally able. Thanks Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go