Helix and Mapping

Hello I have two Helix units a G3N 9 DI and a G3N 10 SI networked together I know they won't share mapping you need a card for each if you want the card on both units. If I buy a lake chart on the fishsmart app on the phone and I upload them to the unit will it share them? If not can I load them on both? Once the lake is uploaded is it there for good or will I have to reload for some reason?

You cannot "upload" any mapping to a unit's memory that is not part of a software update.
    AND no mapping of any kind is shared between/among Helix units with any connection.

A FishSmart/Chart Select purchase can be downloaded to a memory card in your computer or to a memory card in a unit via Bluetooth. BUT currently the Bluetooth function is not a reliable method.
    Mapping on a memory card is never loaded to a unit's memory, it is read directly from the memory card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Okay thanks Wayne that makes more since than how I was understanding the manual. But if I get a purchased lake or lakes on a card I can put card in unit along with the lakemaster card and select it or is it one or the other? On a side note to get the Mississippi river pools 7, 8, 9 that are in two different states do I need to purchase Minesota and or Wisconsin to just buy the lakemaster card and not fool with the app stuff? That is confusing on the lake list for the cards?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS34 View Post
    Okay thanks Wayne that makes more since than how I was understanding the manual. But if I get a purchased lake or lakes on a card I can put card in unit along with the lakemaster card and select it or is it one or the other? On a side note to get the Mississippi river pools 7, 8, 9 that are in two different states do I need to purchase Minesota and or Wisconsin to just buy the lakemaster card and not fool with the app stuff? That is confusing on the lake list for the cards?

Thanks for the help.
    You can have two map cards in a dual reader unit. You would have to select which one to display.

Do not know about the coverage of adjoining states.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL