Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    This is kind of a strange thought but I’m thinking about converting this existing cabinet set in my laundry room that leads to my garage/man cave into a Spirits storage/display unit. Switch out the upper doors to glass, maybe add mirrors on the back panels, glass shelves etc. I have a small home and just don’t have an appropriate location to set-up a traditional bar and rear wall display.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Another photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Here's some of my drinkin' buddy's collection after he sold 120 bottles of mid-grade stuff. There's another wall not pictured. He's not a huge BT fan but those are all store picks and he thought it was fun to collect them.

Attachment 476693
    Attachment 476695
    Very nice!
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    This is kind of a strange thought but I’m thinking about converting this existing cabinet set in my laundry room that leads to my garage/man cave into a Spirits storage/display unit. Switch out the upper doors to glass, maybe add mirrors on the back panels, glass shelves etc. I have a small home and just don’t have an appropriate location to set-up a traditional bar and rear wall display.
    Do it! That would be cool.
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

5. Member
    Here's my little collection. Favorite bourbons so far are Willet Reverse, Eagle Rare, Woodford (any of them) and Basil Hayden. Favorite Scotch: Glenmorangie and had a bottle of Belvenie Portwood 21 over the holidays.

It's dang near impossible to find several brands and some may be out for a few months here so it's always a weekly quest to see what I can find.

IMG-1092.jpg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    YES, but how did you know what bottle i had ???
    Magic. No, actually each bottling has a specific proof.
    Lowrance Ghost TM

7. Member
    Glad to se a bottle of Longbranch, love it and it’s cheap. Win win.

8. Member
    Go for it and fill that sucker with good stuff

9. Member
    Here’s some that are a good value.

E30A6A5B-2001-4A05-BC78-1C5CCB64C3DB.jpeg
    Lowrance Ghost TM

10. Member
    I have not done my research yet but what is the best specific glass or crystal to add to a bar to drink Whiskey and Bourbon? Specific size and style to help a person learn how to develop a better nose? I was reviewing some of these great photos and there is some different style glasses on display. Thanks

11. Member
    I like glencairns

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I like glencairns
    I just pulled up their website. Very Nice! Thank you Sir for the recommendation. I will get some on the way.

13. Member
    Here’s some of my collection:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XfJyNtJkN48M2vLK8

14. Member
    I currently have 180 bottles. Of those 113 are open and the rest are duplicates of some of my favorites. The 180 go from what is considered "bottom shelf" to some limited release bottles. There are plenty of quality pours that can be had for under $35. I don't spend any time hunting for the hard to find stuff. If I stumble onto a bottle I'll grab it. Everything I buy is to be opened and enjoyed, preferably with some friends. This is an almost up to date list of what I currently have.
    Slide1.JPG

And this is my current setup.
    Slide1.JPG

Glencairns help to focus the aromas to give you a better idea of the nose of the pour. When you're nosing a pour you should inhale with your mouth open and your nose towards the top of the glass. If you nose from the bottom you're going to mostly get the alcohol vapor since it is heavier than the aromas of the bourbon. Nose from the top of the glass and you'll get a better idea of what you might taste.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

15. Member
    I have not done my research yet but what is the best specific glass or crystal to add to a bar to drink Whiskey and Bourbon? Specific size and style to help a person learn how to develop a better nose? I was reviewing some of these great photos and there is some different style glasses on display. Thanks
    As Transom posted, The Glencairns for drinking it neat. If you like a large cube of ice, the rocks glass with a heavy base is a good choice. I've got a variety of other types of glasses that cover the range of cocktails, no particular brand. Many of the cocktail recipes include the type of glass to use.

16. Member
    Does anyone else nose their glass the next day after the juice has evaporated and left a small amount of concentrated goodness on the bottom of your glass?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofakingbigbass View Post
    Here’s some of my collection:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XfJyNtJkN48M2vLK8
    Very nice!
    Lowrance Ghost TM

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    I currently have 180 bottles. Of those 113 are open and the rest are duplicates of some of my favorites. The 180 go from what is considered "bottom shelf" to some limited release bottles. There are plenty of quality pours that can be had for under $35. I don't spend any time hunting for the hard to find stuff. If I stumble onto a bottle I'll grab it. Everything I buy is to be opened and enjoyed, preferably with some friends. This is an almost up to date list of what I currently have.
    Slide1.JPG

And this is my current setup.
    Slide1.JPG

Glencairns help to focus the aromas to give you a better idea of the nose of the pour. When you're nosing a pour you should inhale with your mouth open and your nose towards the top of the glass. If you nose from the bottom you're going to mostly get the alcohol vapor since it is heavier than the aromas of the bourbon. Nose from the top of the glass and you'll get a better idea of what you might taste.
    I love the list!
    Lowrance Ghost TM

19. Member
    Thank you. My first few years I used to kill bottles and not think anything about it even if were rare. I probably would really enjoy some of that ORVW and others that I went through.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Very nice!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    I love the list!
    Thanks. I try to keep it updated. It's nice to have when people are over and want to try something that maybe they haven't had before. Plus my BIL and nephew are big bourbon geeks and when they come down for Christmas Eve it's fun to pull the list out and watch their eyes light up.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast