Thread: Truck question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Truck question

Anyone towing with an F150 with the 3.5 eco boost how do you like it? Looking to get rid of my Duramax and go gas just curious about a Ford. Just looking for real time answers don't want this to be a Ford vs Chevy or gas vs diesel thread.

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Congratulations!

A very original thread starter. You cannot tow a boat with an F150/3.5 Ecoboost.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

My current truck is a ‘21 Duramax. Previous truck was a 2013 F150 ecoboost. That thing was a beast. It towed great, very quiet, great steering & turn radius, good gas mileage. I would recommend it if you’re looking to go 1/2 ton. My brother and best friend also have one and tow their boats with them. No issues.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    What weight are you looking at and how often? The 3.5 EB is a beast and I like the wife's '19 way more than the '13 5.0.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    Big D'max or Baby D'max?

6. Member
    Yes. Many reviews and thread out there. Hence the reply you got above. I had two 3.5’s. A 2011 and a 2014. Both towing a 20’ rig. I had a 2015 ram in between the fords. Plenty of power and depending on speeds driving mph will vary. I live in the dakotas and ran 75 to 80 when running the interstate and would see 10 to 11 mpg. I now have a Titan xd with the diesel and see 13 to 14. My ram got the same as the eco boosts mpg wise. When empty though my economists ran around d 19 to 20 when cruse was set at 80.

I myself will not go back to the gas as I love my diesel but will say it’s overkill. I only use my truck primarily for pulling the boat and I like the better mileage when pulling the boat out of the diesel. I know diesel is more exapensive but my mileage savings more than makes up for it.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Love it, i have owned many, nothing pulls as good as the 3.5, gas mileage is good. will never even consider another towing package again,, my 2nd one, both awesome to date, put 150K in the first one with no issues,, currently 40+k on this one with no issues. interior is comfortable and roomy, love to travel in it... will never even look at anything else...

This WILL be a Ford vs Chevy thread,,, unfortunately Chevy loses again

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    Congratulations!

A very original thread starter. You cannot tow a boat with an F150/3.5 Ecoboost.
    Congratulations! You win the first negative answer I was expecting! Thanks for you response!

My wife’s 17 expedition with 3.5 eco is a beast. I’ve never pulled the boat with it but can’t imagine a scenario where it wouldn’t do great. It’s a lot stronger and torquier than my ‘13 5.3 Silverado which pulls my boat just fine. Much better mpg’s As well. As much as I’d like to dislike the eco, I think it’s a mechanical marvel.

10. Member
    Please delete thread thank you.

11. Member
    I have a 2014 3.5 EB Supercrew 4X4 with max tow package (3:73 axel) rated for 11,300#. It towed my 9,000# 32 foot long travel trailer effortlessly. A bass boat would be nothing by comparison.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

12. Member
    Curious question. Why do guys call their truck “duramax”?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Curious question. Why do guys call their truck “duramax”?
    Same reason dodge guys call them Cummins and Ford guys call the powerstrokes.....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

14. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    You lost me at Ford

15. Member
    love towing with an ecoboost

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerFive1Niner View Post
    You lost me at Ford
    yea they're easy to lose when their tail lights go over the horizon and out of sight,,,,,,,,

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

17. Member
    They tow great. Better than my old V8 by far.

18. Member
    I tow my Ranger with ----THE GREEN WEENIE -----a 1999 Ford 4WD Ranger----------No probs !

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger62 View Post
    Congratulations! You win the first negative answer I was expecting! Thanks for you response!
    The search function is your friend.

The question has only been asked 50 times.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    Congratulations!

The correct answer is... Yes, F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost is an excellent choice for towing. Very pleased with mine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast