Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar

Want to make sure when I copy trails from one unit to another

I backed up everything off the carbon unit that has all my trails which is now on the 921's bow. I want to place them on the HDS Live at the console. Units all have the latest updates. Do I have to worry about duplicating WayPoints? I have lots of dup named waypoints like Rocks, Brush, Stump, etc.. I don't want to mess anything up, but I really want the "Rainy Lake" trails on the unit. They keep me safe!

2. Member
    I don't have Lowrance units so I can't answer the question if you will get duplicates. You could take the file and open it in ReefMaster Waypoint Management software, delete all the waypoints then save just the trails. You could then load that file and you wouldn't have any duplicate waypoints. It's also my understanding if you export your file in usr ver 6, you will not get duplicates. I'm not sure if you will get duplicates if you export everything as usr ver5. If you don't have Reefmaster, you could use EasyGPS as a free workaround. You would do the same thing by opening the file then deleting all the waypoints and just save the trails. EasyGPs can open gpx files BUT you have to "IMPORT" usr files. It will import usr ver 5& 6. I do highly recommend getting ReefMaster for your waypoint management.
    Last edited by Mike2718; 01-16-2022 at 12:34 AM.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

3. Member
    Export in usr5 format and you should not get duplicate waypoints when you import to the Live at the console.

4. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    The file is usr6 and I'll check out reefmaster

5. Member
    +1
    Importing waypoints with GPX will result in duplicate waypoints.

Unique Idendifiers(UUID) were introduced with USRv5. UUID's prevent duplicates. So USRv5 or higher is best.

Also trails only import on the Master console, so only power on that unit and import your trails.

Reefmaster Waypoint Manager is great to manage Lowrance. RWM has function to remove duplicate waypoints by exact location or range if duplicates happen.

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Thanks for the help - I used Reef Master to narrow it down to just my Rainy Lake trails. I removed the waypoints so just those trails. Going to upload them soon. I'm starting to create lake files for each lake with trails and waypoints. Looks like a good winter project. Thanks again