Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy 45 years old........ I cant wait to retire!!!

Been working the same job for 27 years automotive painter and cant wait for retirement. I want to fish my ass off. Just seems so far off still. Hope to stay healthy and fish all the lures i have collected over the years. I will never be board. I'm just looking forward to not having to be somewhere all the time. It's getting old. Anybody relate??

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yep.....i'm 46 and at same job for 24 yrs......my plan is to retire in my 50's , not wait till 70......love my job to this day but i plan on buying a camp and fishing in the weekdays......hopefully its sooner rather than later.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I’ve been in education for 29yrs both in the classroom and as an admin. I never thought I would ever want to retire. I’m just used to going wide-open all the time. That being said, after the Covid shutdown in 2020, I kind of had a test run of what being semi-retired would be like and I liked it-a lot. We still had to teach virtually and such but the daily grind wasn’t there. Once I figured out my schedule, I had time to teach, grade papers, fish, and do stuff around the house. It was awesome. Now, I can’t wait to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by jigapig View Post
    Been working the same job for 27 years automotive painter and cant wait for retirement. I want to fish my ass off. Just seems so far off still. Hope to stay healthy and fish all the lures i have collected over the years. I will never be board. I'm just looking forward to not having to be somewhere all the time. It's getting old. Anybody relate??
    GOOD LUCK !!!!
    I am 61 and hope to make it to 65 so maybe I can retire.

5. Banned
    Make it happen sooner than you think. Go read up on Mr. Money Mustache.

6. Member
    Don’t wish your life it will happen sooner then you realize!

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Don’t wish your life it will happen sooner then you realize!
    X2

Being retired, it seems to me it’s a huge advantage having a skill or experience that allows you to work if you want to, as much as you want to. That way if you are bored or need money you have a way to “adjust” your retirement as needed.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

you'll be there before you know it ,don't rush it

2009 ELITE 210

9. Member
    Retirement > Employment

As noted, buckle down, save, etc. Retirement is earned, not given.

10. Member
    Don't wish your life away........retirement will be here soon enough.

11. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Retirement > Employment

As noted, buckle down, save, etc. Retirement is earned, not given.
    Had a boss tell me that 41 years ago at GM. He got me in the stock program and saving money. Retired at 58 and happy I did. Keep at it and you will get there.

Just hope I live long enough to not have to set an alarm clock every night.

13. Member
    So does everybody else. You are 45. Suck it up. Long road ahead. Save save save. I’m coming up on 33 years at same place. Still got one to put thru college. I suck it up too

19 months is what I need. Been on job for 36 ,, could leave now but really would like to get to 62 . If a divorce didn’t happen I world have quit 5 years ago. Plan to be a fishing fool!!

15. Member
    Tried retirement and didn't care for it. But I was a lot younger, 47, and life can throw curveballs sometimes. Could only play so much golf, go fishing so many days until i had to make some changes. Hated golf anyway. Got divorced, sick and went broke. Not the changes I expected to make. Drugs and booze played a major part in my shortcomings. Sobered up and found a job. Took a few years.

Worked in sales and marketing for larger firms and one day I decided to go lone wolf. Best move I ever made. Just didn't play well with others. Grass may not always be greener on the other side but I'm living proof the grass is sometimes a lot greener.
    May try retiring at 70, 67 now. But I've got a good gig and do not travel as much and I set my own hours. Live comfortably. God has been good to me.

On top of the world one day, alcoholic , broke and alone another day . For me going to hell and back was worth it. Wishing for retirement for several years is, IMO, useless.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

Will be 43 in July, will have my 30 years of service before 60. Will retire at 60 with a full pension. Not wanting to wish the best days past but looking forward to it.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

Got to do your time. Had 40 years with the same company in October. Called it quits 3 days ago at 61.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

18. Member
    I'm getting close, maybe 4 years. Time is flying though so it will be here soon enough.

19. Member
    I realized at 30 or so to stay off the car lots, Build your house yourself, You don't have to have the latest and greatest, Get up and go to work. I punched a clock for 42yrs.walked out the door at 59.5 yrs. old. I saved and was lucky enough to do anything me and the wife want to do, go where we want to go, And I turn down offers to go back to work part time @ 30+ dollars per. hour because I want to go fishing, and hunting. I worked as a means to the end not because I really wanted to get up and go to work,,I would rather go do what I wanted to do.
    But I wernt born with no silver spoon up my butt, So I had to EARN my retirement.Good Luck. I have been done 7yrs. to hell with work

20. Member
    My father used to say there are two things you need to keep working when you retire…the remote control and your wife.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast