Looking to Upgrade

I have a 2001 Triton tr20 and I'm looking to upgrade. Kinda been out of the boat scene for a while. Looking for a 2011-2014, either Ranger or Phoenix. Seeing a lot of Rangers with Evinrude engines. Those used to be junk and I've always tried to stick with the Mercurys or the Yamaha's. I know that they all blow up eventually. Are there any good web sites that compare boats and motors for dependability? I'm not really concerned about speed, 68 to72 mph is plenty fast enough. What about electronics? I've seen some boats for sale with Lowrance, Humminbird and Garmin electronics on them, why would someone do all three on the same boat? (garmin at the front, other 2 at back) Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Electrician, adrenaline junkie, and ATM machine for a SPSU college student and a competition and High School Cheerleader.

2. Member
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4sale.htm

start here????

scroll through ken's video library as he has lots of new boat test videos also https://www.youtube.com/user/KenSmithFishing/videos

the rangers with G@ and 6-8 yrs left of warranty are the hidden deals I believe!! what I would get in a heartbeat!!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 01-15-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    As far as different electronics well that's easy depending on what there looking to do with that graph some manufacturers do it better. A Garmin may be on front because he values Garmin for livescope , console he values humminbird for superior lakemaster maps and down and sidescan and lowrance well best 2d on the market and waypoint management. It would be great if one companies graph could do it all the best , but it's simply not true. As far as evinrudes being junk I'd put a g1 or g2 up against a pro xs 2 stroke anyday.. yes the fact that evinrude is no longer in business is a deterent to buying a boat w one, but to say there junk is just false. Now anything ficht.fight.. yes I'd tend to agree. But you won't find a fight rude on any 2011 to 2014