Gulfport Family Vacation

Considering a few days in Gulfport in June. Coming down from Cincinnati. Any suggestions or must sees in the area? We have 3 little ones (3,6,8) so needs to be family friendly. Also suggestions for a one day charter for me to slip away preferably for Reds. Not locked into Gulfport and open to other locations
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

2. Member
    Go see the USS Alabama in Mobile. Beautiful ship and the kids will love it. They also have several restored aircraft.

3. Member
    The aquarium in Gulfport.

4. Member
    Thanks guys those are both on our list! Considering going to New Orleans one day, what should we avoid/must see there?
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

5. Member
    I know you got young ones but the World War Two museum is Awsome. Mask mandates and vaccine stuff though.

6. Member
    Avoid New Orleans. Seven people carjacked in the last two days. And somebody got shot driving down the interstate.

7. Member
    I agree, avoid New Orleans. Really nothing for kids and carjackings are an everyday thing. Tons more fun things to do in Mobile and Gulfport. Fort Gaines on Daulphin Island is also neat to see and there is an aquarium/marine consortium right next door.

8. Member
    I’ll say avoid New Orleans as well…. I just moved, sick of the city… tired of defending it, hate the politics, the law enforcement department (or lack thereof) absolutely is useless….

nobody there cares if you go there and spend money or not…

9. Member
    Is Ship Island still a thing? That would be a good trip for your family.