2021 Ranger RT 188C loose hoses under console?

IMG_0214.jpgNewbie here. Not my first boat, but it is my first Bass Boat. Brand new. Hasn’t been in the water yet.
    The RT 188C is a Crappie boat so it’s layout is a little different, it has two live wells, one in front and one aft and the rod locker is on the port side.
    I bought it with a Humminbird Helix 7 MDI flush mount at the console. I have added a Helix 9 MSI at the bow. While pulling in the transducer and Ethernet cables I found two clear hoses about 3/4” size laying on the deck under the console behind the fuse box. Not connected to anything. I chased them around to the port side where they seemed to go under the rod locker. Ran a fish tape thru them and it sounded like it came out under the rod locker.
    I’m stumped as to what these hoses are for but it concerns me having two loose hoses behind my fuse box.
    Anyone have any idea what these are for?
    I will try to attach some pics. (Seems I can’t upload pics from this I pad)
    Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by THWG; 01-14-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: adding photos

2. Member
    I have a 2020 178 . I think there are hoses attached to the bottom of the seat bases . There are three seat bases up front on the crappie models so maybe they came loose or just some crappy workmanship .

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I would ask your dealer where you bought it. I am sure they would know as dealers are suppose to go over the boat and
    make sure everything is tight and ready for the water.
    Good luck with this.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    I would ask your dealer where you bought it. I am sure they would know as dealers are suppose to go over the boat and
    make sure everything is tight and ready for the water.
    Good luck with this.
    Going by there next week and talk to one of the service techs. Was just hoping someone on here might have seen this before.
    Thanks much for the reply.

Welcome to the Johnny Morris Ranger boat.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

6. Member
    Conduit to run power and data cables from the console to the front of the boat?

I think rangers are foam filled hulls, so seems like a good way to get cabling connected from the fuse box to up front to me! Also a great location to tie into your accessory main power switch.
    Last edited by mizzouxc; 01-17-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzouxc View Post
    Conduit to run power and data cables from the console to the front of the boat?

I think rangers are foam filled hulls, so seems like a good way to get cabling connected from the fuse box to up front to me! Also a great location to tie into your accessory main power switch.
    No it's not because it's a Johnny Morris Ranger boat and it's not crappy workmanship or any of the othe crap you are reading here. Do you really think something came loose?

It's conduit for power and data and everyone probably wishes they did this on their boat when it was built.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    No it's not because it's a Johnny Morris Ranger boat and it's not crappy workmanship or any of the othe crap you are reading here. Do you really think something came loose?

It's conduit for power and data and everyone probably wishes they did this on their boat when it was built.
    Really thought they may be conduits but both go around to the rear and disappear under the rod locker.
    I think they were both taped together when I found them. Looks like they were just unused drains for something. That’s what worried me. Haven’t made it to the dealer yet.
    Thanks for the reply.