2004 225 OX66 tilt trim sensor effect on oiling

I have a question regarding whether or not the tilt trim sensor can affect oil injection. My buddy was at a local marina to pick up a new trim sender cam (clamp) today and the mechanic told him that he had spoke with Yamaha previously and they told him that if the sending unit is reading "full up" that it will affect oiling and will basically put the engine in a limp mode that will reduce the RPM's. I have had similar issues in the past that were intermittent and have chased my tail changing plugs, O2 sensors, etc. I could not find anything in the manual referencing the trim sensor having any effect on a limp mode function. Does anyone know if the sensor can affect RPM? Thank you in advance for any and all information.

2. Member
    No connection whatsoever between an OX66 trim and tilt position sensor and the Yamaha Precision Blend System.

The mechanic was not paying attention when he talked to Yamaha.

The two systems that will initiate RPM reduction mode, sound the alarm, and trigger warning lights on a Yamaha tachometer are over temperature or low oil in the engine mounted main oil tank.

3. Member
    yam911,

Thanks for the info

4. Member
    When I had one I would apply a touch of grease on the tips of the trim rods, that would prevent a noise when trimming the motor especially when operating it in the garage. Just a little did pit of info.