Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You should order a RED one next time !! LOL LOL LOL Nice Rig, now go and ENJOY !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

2. Member
    Congrats!!!

Ranger Z185
    Etec G2 150 HO

Nice “R”

4. Member
    Very nice sir

5. Member
    I love mine. Good luck. If you ever get an error, "OP Box Not Found", shoot me a note.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    You should order a RED one next time !! LOL LOL LOL Nice Rig, now go and ENJOY !!!

Right? . Just need a red truck to pull it now.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I tried to get pictures of what I think everyone would like to see. I really think Ranger did a good job on this boat. Lots of neat features and I think the finish of the boat is top notch. I like the bigger cooler and how neat the battery compartment is. The front storage box is absolutely massive. The R.I.D.E system is completely interfaced with the whole boat and my jack plate gauge shows up on it. The seats are very comfortable to sit in and aren't nearly as high feeling as I thought they would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks for taking the time for so many detailed photos, Charlie. They help enormously in visualizing the features of this boat. The increased depth of the center storage area [that you mentioned previously] is notable in helping to stack bait containers underneath the rod storage. I also notice the fabric-like inserts just beneath the gunwales in the seating area. This is a nice touch for comfort, and also will not show dirt, etc. as much as vinyl does. In your picture of the bow area, I also notice with some envy the one thing I most miss in comparing my Z519 to the Z520: nice roomy width for placing rod butts but also for walking/standing. You’ve done us all a service by your sharing.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

As much as I really like my Ranger...if I were to buy new...it would come to the 520R or the Z21 XL. They both have really stepped up their game. I've been through Skeeters, Phoenix, etc...over the past year and can say this is how I feel.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Thanks for taking the time for so many detailed photos, Charlie. They help enormously in visualizing the features of this boat. The increased depth of the center storage area [that you mentioned previously] is notable in helping to stack bait containers underneath the rod storage. I also notice the fabric-like inserts just beneath the gunwales in the seating area. This is a nice touch for comfort, and also will not show dirt, etc. as much as vinyl does. In your picture of the bow area, I also notice with some envy the one thing I most miss in comparing my Z519 to the Z520: nice roomy width for placing rod butts but also for walking/standing. You’ve done us all a service by your sharing.
    Thank you. I tried to get what I was most curious about when I ordered the boat. I was in the boat industry when I ordered it, and we were still in the dark on a lot of things. Information is coming slowly, but there is still a lot to learn about this boat. The center storage box is definitely deeper than the previous models. My 2018 520C boat was loaded pretty heavy and I still have about 1/3 of the center box with nothing in it in the R boat. The fabric wrap is is a very nice touch and I'm digging it as well. The width on the front deck feels like it is the same as it was on the other 520's, but the rod buckles are placed in a slightly different area. They now attach to the deck on the rod locker lids. I guess that means I can open either side with them strapped and not fear losing a rod over the side. LOL

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Not losing a rod over the side when opening a locker lid is a huge plus right there!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

12. Member
    Slick ride! Congratulations!

Thank you for the pics bud. Truly gorgeous boat!

Very Nice, will be anxious to hear how you like the electronic control panels.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I like the layout and functionality of them.....at least on paper. Lol. Hopefully they'll be smooth sailing. I still like buttons to push. Haha

16. Member
    Love the boat…congrats!! The new features of the R are exactly what I’d change about my boat.
    btw…I noticed, while looking at the specs on the Ranger website, that the beam is actually 96 inches instead of 98 inches. Has anybody else noticed this (forgive me if this has already been discussed)?
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

Hmmm, the 520L was 97" - they did make hull changes i think...

18. BBC SPONSOR

Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    Love the boat…congrats!! The new features of the R are exactly what I’d change about my boat.
    btw…I noticed, while looking at the specs on the Ranger website, that the beam is actually 96 inches instead of 98 inches. Has anybody else noticed this (forgive me if this has already been discussed)?
    I think it's the way that they are measuring them. I think they were measured with the rubrail attached and they changed it up and are measuring pre rubrail now. At least that's my thoughts on it. It appears to be just as wide as all the 520's I've had in the past. If I had thought about it, I would've measured my old one and wrote it down vs this one.......I've never been accused of being that smart though

19. Member
    Awesome boat! I would love to see a view of the battery compartment if you get a chance!

Congrats!

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MSranger View Post
    Awesome boat! I would love to see a view of the battery compartment if you get a chance!

Congrats!
    The battery compartment is very clean and neat. The access ports are a very nice touch. I'll try and get some pics of it this coming weekend

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast