Why N.T. Wright is wrong

2. Member
    Revelation 21:1, And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away
    21:5,
    And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new
    2 peter 3:10,
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

It seems the earth and heavens will "pass away" and be remade
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Revelation 21:1, And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away
    21:5,
    And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new
    2 peter 3:10,
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

It seems the earth and heavens will "pass away" and be remade

How did Second Temple Judaism (2TJ, I have posted often about this subject) view the Temple? That may help you in your discovery.

Remember, we are reading someone else's mail.............. mainly Jews.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    How did Second Temple Judaism (2TJ, I have posted often about this subject) view the Temple? That may help you in your discovery.

Remember, we are reading someone else's mail.............. mainly Jews.
    Brings up a great point. Are you saying the Bible is written for all or for the jews?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Brings up a great point. Are you saying the Bible is written for all or for the jews?

The bible was written to all, and at the same time was often directed to Jewish converts to the Way. The bible has application for us today.................. but we must read it in its historical context.

Remember not one book/letter of the bible was written to godsdozer or mram,

I haven't found our address in any of the salutations, have you?

6. Member
    The bible was written to all, and at the same time was often directed to Jewish converts to the Way. The bible has application for us today.................. but we must read it in its historical context.

Remember not one book/letter of the bible was written to godsdozer or mram,

I haven't found our address in any of the salutations, have you?
    I agree with some of your post! Miracle :) I would think that anything written to the saints would be for us. I'm sure there are some outliers. I'm pretty sure anything Jesus said was for us. Many verses should have been written with each of our names included :)

7. Member
    mram, I asked in a private PM a month ago for you to not post on my threads, and I would not post in yours so that there could be more harmony/peace on the faith forum. You refused and told me it was your duty to defend God's word as Christian, and to this day, you continue to post in my threads.

You do not have to read my post, you and I clearly do not agree, and thats ok with me, apparently it is not ok with you. Chisco and I have had the same type of private PM in the past, and Chisco has honored and showed his Christian character to respectfully disagree, and I appreciate his actions and I think he appreciates mine.​

drifter and I are from different upbringings, he a Catholic, I, a Protestant............... We have both learned to accept one another, neither of us are God. He and I both will one day learn what is correct. He and I PM each other about boat stuff and family stuff............. I don't hate or ridicule drifter because he is a Catholic and drifter has never done that to me as a Protestant. Oh yes, he and I have had heated disputes about the differences of Catholicism and Protestants................ but in the end, do everything to live at peace with all men.

Digthemup and I have had heated debates about varying topics, he and I both have learned to respectfully disagree so we can continue the Gospel message.

There are are a few other LONG-TIME participants who I have not mentioned that do the same thing.

Just let it go. Don't read my post, don't read my opinions, don't watch the videos, don't read the articles, don't look at the Lexicons.

Post whatever you like, others may respond, I will not. I am not posting what I post for you specifically, I post what I post for those who are unaware and may have interest in trying to understand.

Peace.

godsdozer

8. Member
    mram, I asked in a private PM a month ago for you to not post on my threads, and I would not post in yours so that there could be more harmony/peace on the faith forum. You refused and told me it was your duty to defend God's word as Christian, and to this day, you continue to post in my threads.

You do not have to read my post, you and I clearly do not agree, and thats ok with me, apparently it is not ok with you. Chisco and I have had the same type of private PM in the past, and Chisco has honored and showed his Christian character to respectfully disagree, and I appreciate his actions and I think he appreciates mine.​

drifter and I are from different upbringings, he a Catholic, I, a Protestant............... We have both learned to accept one another, neither of us are God. He and I both will one day learn what is correct. He and I PM each other about boat stuff and family stuff............. I don't hate or ridicule drifter because he is a Catholic and drifter has never done that to me as a Protestant. Oh yes, he and I have had heated disputes about the differences of Catholicism and Protestants................ but in the end, do everything to live at peace with all men.

Digthemup and I have had heated debates about varying topics, he and I both have learned to respectfully disagree so we can continue the Gospel message.

There are are a few other LONG-TIME participants who I have not mentioned that do the same thing.

Just let it go. Don't read my post, don't read my opinions, don't watch the videos, don't read the articles, don't look at the Lexicons.

Post whatever you like, others may respond, I will not. I am not posting what I post for you specifically, I post what I post for those who are unaware and may have interest in trying to understand.

Peace.

godsdozer
    Why copy and paste the same reply to five threads? The Bible calls us to correct each other. I've been respectful. No ad hominem arguments. Can't stay silent when people's souls are at risk. They read posts and think they are accurate without going to the Word. They see your long posts with lots of info and think you have some special understanding. You have a big responsibility and will be held accountable by God like others who claim to teach the Word. We have to be careful and accurate.