Nitro 591 DC - Passenger Console Removal

Need some insight on removing the passenger console on this boat, I have tried pulling the screws out, must have nuts on the back of them. My best thought is taking a grinder to the screw heads and letting them fall into the hull. Any ideas would be awesome.

2. Member
    I installed a console on a 591 and yes they do have nuts on the back inside the hull. Probably a little corrosion so cutting them off may be your only way. You will have holes in the fiberglass that may be a bit ugly.

3. Member
    Do you know if removing the console will improve the hole shot at all. I finally got the console removed today.

4. Member
    It’s only about what, 50 to 60 pounds? It will make a very small if any difference.

5. Member
    Just curious, did you end up grinding off the heads of the screws? I have thought about doing this to my 591 as well, but it is a bit daunting.

I had a 591 with a single console. Hole shot was rubbish with a 150 Merc. The only way to improve the hole shot is to prop down(which sucks and doesn't give you performance) or put a 200hp on. I ended up doing that and the boat turned into a whole new beast. They're much more suited to a 200hp. The 150 just didn't really cut the mustard.
    Joe Allan
    Nitro Z7 Mercury Optimax 150hp Lowrance Ghost Simrad NSS Evo 3s
    Proudly Supported by: Gamakatsu/Majorcraft/Fuji/Kershaw/Samurai/Atomic