300R swap for 250R (Need advice please)

Gent's,
    I am looking for a little advice.
    I currently have a 2021 Bullet with a Merc 300R on it.
    sadly I can't fish my sons high school league in it because B.A.S.S. sanctioned events limit HP to 250.
    I have found a gentleman that owns a bullet as well and has a 250R on his boat.
    We have worked out a deal to swap engines like for like. Both are 4 strokes.
    My question is, wonder what something like that would cost?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Btw both engines are very low hours.
    One is a 2019 engine and the other is a 2020.
    TIA.

This time of year, they shouldn't be real busy. Since there the same brand of boat and mtr. Should be a straightforward swap.
    Just a WAG--- I'd think it would be doable in 1 to 1.5 hours per rig. Most shops around here charge about $120.00 per hour.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depending on whether they're on jackplates or not, and how rigging was done, expect 2-4 hours per rig.

Demand Linear will need to be checked after the engine is rigged (with the G3 system).

Make certain that the Sportmaster is a suitable gearcase for your boat before making swap.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor