Thread: Ulterra?

Ulterra?

Can an Ulterra be retrofitted with mega imaging instead of us2?

2. Member
    You can't have anything attached to the Ulterra shaft. Only to the motor itself. There is a Cornfield Crappie motor mounted rig for Livescope, but I would be afraid of the extra weight on the trolling motor. I think a separate "Pole" is the only good way with an Ulterra. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Sorry for the confusion. I’m talking about internally like the new Ulterras have not an add on.

4. Member
    Ulterra has the option to purchase the troll motor with either MDI, MSI, and MDI+/MSI+
    This is for FW models only not SW

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Ulterra has the option to purchase the troll motor with either MDI, MSI, and MDI+/MSI+
    This is for FW models only not SW
    Just a matter of swapping parts. Availability would be more of a question.

6. Member
    Thomas. The size and shape of Mega Live, not to mention the weight of the power supply and transducer combination and the extra power cables to run inside the shaft would make that an extensive makeover. Availability issues or not. JMO Bob

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Thomas. The size and shape of Mega Live, not to mention the weight of the power supply and transducer combination and the extra power cables to run inside the shaft would make that an extensive makeover. Availability issues or not. JMO Bob
    I’d guess he’s referring to Mega DI or Mega SI.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    You are probably correct. He was not answering to the OP, but to Brads comment about only FW. I would guess there are more differences than the color though. Bob

9. Member
    Wow I guess I just wasn’t being clear. What was in my brain didn’t fully make it in print. I’m wondering if an existing Ulterra trolling motor with a us2 transducer can have it removed and a mega di installed to replace it. I’m seeing a need for di with mega live but not wanting to drop another $3500.

10. Member
    Fishinfireman did that conversion on an Ultrex but he might be able to tell you how much trouble and approximate cost it might be. Maybe search or PM him about it. Bob
    I may have started most of the confusion. I thought you were talking Mega live, but you actually said mega imaging. Sorry

11. Member
    I know that Minn Kota does not recommend to add MDI/MSI to an existing Ulterra TM. Not sure why and I am not saying it can't be done, They just do not recommend it. I know it is a real pain to work on when you have to take a motor apart completely. If you tried to do this external then It is not recommended either because you are adding weight more than internal to the motor and it would not completely deploy or store. I have seen that happen a couple of times. On any other motor it would be no problem to add external.