Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It has been awhile since I have been on bbc. I got on here tonight to see if anyone has posted anything about cataracts. This has helped me a little. In the process now of setting things up. Have to go back to Dr. to get eyes measured and referral to a surgeon. in my area. Thank you all. Glad I found this post.

2. Member
    Both eyes done about 10 years ago. Still OK.

Quote Originally Posted by kybob View Post
    It has been awhile since I have been on bbc. I got on here tonight to see if anyone has posted anything about cataracts. This has helped me a little. In the process now of setting things up. Have to go back to Dr. to get eyes measured and referral to a surgeon. in my area. Thank you all. Glad I found this post.
    Make sure you get a surgeon who has done thousands, not one that does a few a week. My surgeon has done over 7000.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

4. Member
    Yea.. I'm facing this too. Optometrist told me last year I had a year. Driving at night is getting scary and the world is getting darker and duller. I usually put shit off but can't wait on this anymore. Question for all who had it done.. how does your vision insurance cover this? Medical or vision.. I have both? Haven't checked on it yet/ Been wondering what to expect my out of pocket to be?

5. Member
    According to your age: If you are on Medicare nothing if you have the incision type or I was quoted around $2300 each for the laser surgery which is what I had. Luckily I was on Medicare and have a nice supplement so didn't pay anything. I agree, get a well experienced surgeon to do those. Mine did 25 the first day I was the there and 2 weeks later I went back and he did 26!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    Yea.. I'm facing this too. Optometrist told me last year I had a year. Driving at night is getting scary and the world is getting darker and duller. I usually put shit off but can't wait on this anymore. Question for all who had it done.. how does your vision insurance cover this? Medical or vision.. I have both? Haven't checked on it yet/ Been wondering what to expect my out of pocket to be?

Sitting in the waiting room now as my wife is having her first one done today and then come back tomorrow for her other one. Had my left one done couple years ago and will probably need the other done in the next year or two. Very easy procedure and I can't stand to have my eyes messed with.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    According to your age: If you are on Medicare nothing if you have the incision type or I was quoted around $2300 each for the laser surgery which is what I had. Luckily I was on Medicare and have a nice supplement so didn't pay anything. I agree, get a well experienced surgeon to do those. Mine did 25 the first day I was the there and 2 weeks later I went back and he did 26!
    59 this year - so no Medicare. So My BCBS &/or Davis Vision will be aiding and abetting in this mugging.

8. Member
    OK good luck with that, hope all goes well!
    59 this year - so no Medicare. So My BCBS &/or Davis Vision will be aiding and abetting in this mugging.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Very easy procedure and I can't stand to have my eyes messed with.
    I hate that also, the prep is worse than the surgery but so worth it! I about cried the first time I went into WallyWorld and could see people's faces way down the aisles. Cataracts get worse so slowly then POOF! you can see individual leaves on a tree instead of a blob!

(606)305-1956

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I hate that also, the prep is worse than the surgery but so worth it! I about cried the first time I went into WallyWorld and could see people's faces way down the aisles. Cataracts get worse so slowly then POOF! you can see individual leaves on a tree instead of a blob!
    Mine came on all of a sudden. It was like someone just covered my eye with wax paper and I couldn't focus and could only see shapes out of my left I. Luckily I was close to my eye doctor and just stopped in, I'm also diabetic and she's always said if anything changes get in here so I did. She said there's different kinds and that was the fast developing kind, said I'll end up getting the other one done in a couple of years.

I had both done a few years ago, what difference. I do have to wear glasses when reading .

I think someone already asked, anyone had the expensive lens that correct near or distance and/or astigmatism?
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.

I have Medicare so it is covered. But Medicare won't cover laser surgery but I wouldn't want it done with a laser. My surgeon didn't recommend it anyway. I'm sure your medical covers it since it is surgery but I'd call them to see what they cover.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO View Post
    I think someone already asked, anyone had the expensive lens that correct near or distance and/or astigmatism?
    Yes, I have those. I can see near pretty well but still use readers just to make it easier. Doc says my near vision is good to go.

15. Member
    Wife and I both had each eye done about a year ago. Dr. asked whether we want close up or distance vision corrected, Insurance would not pay to have both corrected. Got one fixed and went to regular eye Dr. for new lens for my glasses.

16. Member
    I had one done about 2 months ago and have good vision out of it now but most the time it feels like there's a hair in my eye and it's pretty annoying. I've never used drops in my life and now adding drops several times a day. Was hoping it would go away because they're wanting to do my other eye too and I'm not gonna do it. Right now it isn't bad and I can see good out of without glasses so it's not high on my list of things to do. Everybody I know that's had it done hasn't had any issues afterwards. Lucky me

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg1419 View Post
    Easiest thing I’ve every done. Right eye back in December. Colors are definitely more vivid. Don’t get the expensive lens. Everyone I’ve spoke with hates theirs.
    I got them and they are fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12