Mega Live Choke Cable

I have read so many variables to this, but I wanted to ask my version, get it out of the way with a solid answer from an expert...

I wired my Mega live transducer and Mega 360 transducer to a dedicated 12V 40 AH lithium battery in the front of my boat (inline fuse for each and a power cut off switch)... I don't need to install the choke cable at all, correct?

My Graphs run to my cranking battery that is hooked up to a power pole charge system, but the 2 transducers are not in that power supply system.
    1996 Gambler 209 GE. 2007 Mercury Optimax 225.. Sitting on a modified 2015 Ranger Trailer. Ultrex TM, twin power poles. 4 Helix G4N graphs with Mega Live and Mega 360, NextGen Lithium batteries with stealth charging system. Like the Frankenstein of old boats!

2. Member
    If the finders or transducers are connected to a charger that is also hooked to the trolling motor batteries, you may need that choke installed. Wait and see if you have interference. If you have interference install the choke. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Appreciate the insight. Guess it won't hurt to have it connect to the charge system.
    1996 Gambler 209 GE. 2007 Mercury Optimax 225.. Sitting on a modified 2015 Ranger Trailer. Ultrex TM, twin power poles. 4 Helix G4N graphs with Mega Live and Mega 360, NextGen Lithium batteries with stealth charging system. Like the Frankenstein of old boats!

4. Member
    I would ask your "Charge guy". It may be isolated without it, but wait till you try it out. No interference no need. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If the finders or transducers are connected to a charger that is also hooked to the trolling motor batteries, you may need that choke installed. Wait and see if you have interference. If you have interference install the choke. JMO Bob
    To add to this, ifff you have interference, disconnect the charger from the electronics battery. If the interference goes away then the choke could help. If not, it’s not a charger issue.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    To add to this, ifff you have interference, disconnect the charger from the electronics battery. If the interference goes away then the choke could help. If not, it’s not a charger issue.
    Great advice. The choke I installed made absolutely no difference in eliminating my RFI.. Two years and counting trying to find a solution to my RFI on my Mega 360. To say it's frustrating would be a VAST understatement................

Have you had your brushes checked by a Good Minnkotta tech? I had mine replaced under warranty and it helped a bunch.
    Last edited by Hollada; 01-28-2022 at 06:43 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

8. Member
    if you are getting interference it could be coming through your trolling motor batteries by way of your on board charger. If you are not experiencing interference issues I wouldn't even mess with the choke cable.