Banned

Question Compressor filter

serial 2B402096 250 pro xs. Going to clean the plastic filter that sits at the bottom of the block. Is this the only strainer going into my compressor? If I idle for a period of time like 5 min I get 6 beeps. (beep beep beep beep beep beep), If I give it a little gas the beeps stop before I get to the count of 6. Last time this happened I had the whole coolant system changed and it stopped. Water pump , therm stats ect. In Florida im in mud, grass and trash that is extremely shallow. Some places I have to idle 200 yards back to the ramp in muck and it clogs up. ( i hate the gen 2, old TM just ate it and spit it out 225 efi) The reason why I ask is I read somewhere there is a strainer that even some merc mech dont know about... which leads me to think there may be one at the compressor itself. Thank you.

2. Member
    No sir only that one for water cooling
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    I would find another ramp or clean the one strainer everytime out. Your t-stats and water pump don't like running in that type of water either.

Sounds like you could use a trolling motor! Lol....
    Last edited by Another Distraction; 01-14-2022 at 06:50 AM.
    2022 mercury 250HP
    s/n 3B216469
    0 hrs.
    Smart craft gauges

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Distraction View Post
    I would find another ramp or clean the one strainer everytime out. Your t-stats and water pump don't like running in that type of water either.

Sounds like you could use a trolling motor! Lol....
    For sure!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    serial 2B402096 250 pro xs. Going to clean the plastic filter that sits at the bottom of the block. Is this the only strainer going into my compressor? If I idle for a period of time like 5 min I get 6 beeps. (beep beep beep beep beep beep), If I give it a little gas the beeps stop before I get to the count of 6. Last time this happened I had the whole coolant system changed and it stopped. Water pump , therm stats ect. In Florida im in mud, grass and trash that is extremely shallow. Some places I have to idle 200 yards back to the ramp in muck and it clogs up. ( i hate the gen 2, old TM just ate it and spit it out 225 efi) The reason why I ask is I read somewhere there is a strainer that even some merc mech dont know about... which leads me to think there may be one at the compressor itself. Thank you.
    Just out of curiosity, when was the "last time"?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    A year. Unfortunately the tx's use that ramp on orange lake. Really the only ramp big enough for tx's. Add brim guys, bass fisherman and others all coming in at the same time and the 3ft canal gets all churned up. Orange lake has more big fish than most other lakes in Florida...like teenager size fish. 13 teen and 14 teen pnd fish caught in there regularly. Shallow swampy grass infested lake with a silty bottom. Great for water pumps!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since it's been a year... and the interval for Water Pump replacement (and for thermostat testing/inspection) is also one year, it sounds like those items need to be part of your plan (of course clean the strainer as well).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor