Thread: X Ray Blank

X Ray Blank

Anyone happen to have an extra SJ765 NFC blank? Wanting to build my last dream rod.... I simply cannot spent $125 (on sale!) plus tax and S&H (175+ total) on a limited senior citizen budget LOL - hopefully someone bought some last year at 60 bucks and has an extra (not expecting to get one for that ) - Thanks in advance - shoot me a PM -Dave
    Last edited by Flabasspond; 01-13-2022 at 07:49 PM.

2. Member
    The SJ765 is one of my favorite blanks and i had bought 12 of them last year but only have one left and just put a handle on it to build up. i have to say i have seen some nice sales on them but never $60?

3. Member
    Thanks, that info was provided by another member here so it must be true

4. Member
    Think the cheapest I ever saw them was for sometime right when they came out, $75 was the price I believe, not long ago they were $85 I believe, thsy gave us lots of warning about a price increase at the new year, think I heard about it well before Thanksgiving.

5. Member
    I bought one last year for $75. Never seen them lower than that. Even at $125 it’s still the most sensitive rod I’ve ever fished with. Sure $175 is a lot for a blank with shipping, but still get a fantastic rod for cheaper than what other companies charge for their flagship model
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I bought one last year for $75. Never seen them lower than that. Even at $125 it’s still the most sensitive rod I’ve ever fished with. Sure $175 is a lot for a blank with shipping, but still get a fantastic rod for cheaper than what other companies charge for their flagship model
    I have to agree about the sensitivity - I wrapped one for a friend of a friend whos dad gave him the blank- amazing feel no doubt

7. Member
    How big of rush are you in for one? Reason I ask is I'm planning on going to ICRBE in late February. NFC is listed as a vendor who is suppose to be there. They might have them for a better price or at minimum cheaper shipping.

8. Member
    NFC shipping rate is the same flat rate for 1, or 10 blanks. The ones I buy at least. Tell me where you can buy the same quality US built blank for the same money. Back around the year 2003 a comparable St. Croix SCV was in the about $170 - $180 not counting shipping