Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ziegler's Ford protect premium warranty

Trying to find out if Ziegler's Ford protect premium warranty is legit and they are as good as the Ford manufacturers warranty any info appreciated before I pull the trigger 2018 f150 thanks in advance

2. Member
    Not in my opinion, ever. OEMs have "skin in the game" if you're unhappy with the coverage, when needed.
    Third party administrators don't. Once you've paid, they've made as much as they'll ever get from you.
    At that point, the idea is to deny. And if the overall company claims are too high, close it up, new company.
    I've seen SO many of the aftermarket warranty providers close up, it's truly criminal. OEM only, please.

3. Member
    I agree with tampajim, Manufacturer or forget it. We buy the extended warranty on or Mack trucks because it is a manufacturer factory extended warranty. We have used it a bunch of time with zero hassle. Made the mistake a decade ago buying a "manufacturer approved aftermarket warranty" tried using it 2 times and both were a nightmare.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Not in my opinion, ever. OEMs have "skin in the game" if you're unhappy with the coverage, when needed.
    Third party administrators don't. Once you've paid, they've made as much as they'll ever get from you.
    At that point, the idea is to deny. And if the overall company claims are too high, close it up, new company.
    I've seen SO many of the aftermarket warranty providers close up, it's truly criminal. OEM only, please.
    I believe Zeigler Ford may be legit and is selling an actual Ford warranty....There are a number of Ford dealers that specialize in selling warranties and can undercut your local dealers price. .I havent researched Zeigler..
    To the OP....I used Flood Ford for my extended warranty..Normally I dont buy them but wanted a little peace of mind this time...I spent a couple of weeks researching Flood Ford to double check their legitimacy and to ensure it was a Ford Premium plan they were selling me...They were half the price that the dealer quoted me...I went ahead and bought the policy and within a few days it showed up on my Ford Pass app and is locked into my account..Its the exact same Ford warranty I would have paid double for at my purchasing dealer....Ford is one of the few manufacturers that allow dealers to do this..
    The price sounded to good to be true to me also but it all seems legit..I am surprised that it Flys with other dealers..
    https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

If you have any questions call them...They are a Ford dealer.

Here is a forum discussion on it at the F150 forum

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/flood-ford-esp-490991/
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 01-13-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

5. Member
    https://www.f150forum.com/f129/exten...-flood-482362/

They talk about the Zeigler warranty here..
    Do your research and whatever helps you sleep at night but I can tell you that Flood Ford sold me a warranty that was a legitimate Ford Premium care warranty like you'd buy at the purchasing dealer..but alot cheaper..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 01-13-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Member
    Ziegler and Flood Ford ESP are the two legit options most talked about in the f150 groups. I went with Flood Ford ESP on my 2018 f150 when its warranty ran out. Its a premium warranty

I purchased a Ford warranty (PremiumCare) on my '14 Flex around the 64k mileage because I had twin turbos, awd, Nav, adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, park assist, etc. All of those could potentially be very expensive to repair. My local dealer matched the big dealers online price. It was a bumper-to-bumper warranty covering the whole vehicle except for regular maintenance items, even covered interior bulbs! When I sold the Flex to my dealer 4 June 2021 I got $1267.xx back from the warranty. I gave me peace of mind, especially since I've been known to stoplight race a time or two...

(606)305-1956

8. Member
    Zeigler sells Ford Warranties, I don't know if they are the only ones they sell. When I searched for warranties, Zeigler was cheaper one day and Flood the next. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Ford warranty from them.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

OEM only IMO. Haven’t seen many third party warranties that were worth the apparently they’re written on.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    Thanks everyone

11. Member
    For a Ford product Ford Premium Care is the only way to go. I get it on my own vehicles and rec to my family that plans on keeping past base warranty.
    Semper Fi

12. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I bought from Flood Ford this past October for my new F350.

13. Member
    A Ford Factory warranty isn't worth diddly squat in my opinion. I owned Fords for years and have had way too many run ins where Ford refused to fix their problems. I had a late 80's model F-150 that the firewall fell apart. Ford had made 2 parts to attempt to fix this flaw because the first one didn't work. Yes, I was over warranty miles but I figure if they had a design flaw such that they had to engineer parts the vehicle didn't come with to repair, that should have been on Ford.

My second run in with them was on a 6.0 diesel. Those trucks came with a 100,000 mile warranty. The Ford Rep told me "After 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first you can not force us to fix your truck." Then Kentucky Attorney General agreed with Ford.

Long and short, I don't trust Ford as far as I could throw them with their warranties.

If they put as much effort into building quality & reliability into their products as they do pushing extra warranty we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Some automakers strive for quality & reliability, some go for the quick buck. In the end it comes down to what your priorities are. Vote with your wallet, it’s the only way to get their attention, they’re blind to everything else including loyalty. Loyalty is for dogs.
    Ranting incoherently

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    A Ford Factory warranty isn't worth diddly squat in my opinion. I owned Fords for years and have had way too many run ins where Ford refused to fix their problems. I had a late 80's model F-150 that the firewall fell apart. Ford had made 2 parts to attempt to fix this flaw because the first one didn't work. Yes, I was over warranty miles but I figure if they had a design flaw such that they had to engineer parts the vehicle didn't come with to repair, that should have been on Ford.

My second run in with them was on a 6.0 diesel. Those trucks came with a 100,000 mile warranty. The Ford Rep told me "After 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first you can not force us to fix your truck." Then Kentucky Attorney General agreed with Ford.

Long and short, I don't trust Ford as far as I could throw them with their warranties.
    Going to call BS on this. That truck had a 3year 36k bumper to bumper and a 5year 100k diesel engine warranty. I made a very good living doing warranty work on 6.0l diesels for a long time.
    Semper Fi

16. Member
    This is where I bought mine, very reasonable. I paid $2,000 ish for up to 8 years, 150,000 miles of the highest level plan.
    It's legit as my extended shows up in my Ford app on my phone.
    https://www.floodfordesp.com/?gclid=...SAAEgI5HPD_BwE

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    If they put as much effort into building quality & reliability into their products as they do pushing extra warranty we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Some automakers strive for quality & reliability, some go for the quick buck. In the end it comes down to what your priorities are. Vote with your wallet, it’s the only way to get their attention, they’re blind to everything else including loyalty. Loyalty is for dogs.
    Wouldn't a manufacturer make more money on warranty sales if they built a quality product that didn't require costly repairs under that warranty?? Your comment is weak at best..
    Zinn

18. Banned
    Not worth the paper they print it on. I had the Ford lifetime powertrain. I carried my truck for every service to the "stealership" and have all the documents. I asked every single time how was I doing in keeping up service to maintain my warranty. Every single time I was told perfect. I did add an aftermarket air intake. Before doing so, I was assured by everyone there that was ok and would not affect my warranty. All of my oil changes were done there, they never asked me one time about air filter or ever noted on any document about after market air intake and I asked them every time to help me be sure I was good with warranty. I know several at the "stealership", went to school with them, fished with them, etc.

First 4wd had an issue, it was supposed to be covered under warranty, vacuum issue. Oh, the issue is outside the 4wd main housing so since it is external it is not covered.

Transmission died, oh we can't cover that. You put an after market air intake on the truck, and since you have not serviced the air filter, your warranty is voided, that was not ever mentioned when 4wd was looked at.

"Stealership" told me warranty company was the issue, not them. Nothing but crooks!

19. Member
    The Ford protect warranty you get from Ziegler is the same exact one you will get from your local dealer. I bought one for my wife a couple of weeks ago and when I looked her car up in Ford's support database the extended warranty showed. You can also use Ziegler's quote to get your local dealer to give you the same price which is what I did when I bought my truck 3 years ago. If you look at the various Ford car and truck forums everybody on those recommends using Ziegler.
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

20. Member
    Some dealers will not move on extended warranties, even if you show a lower quote from one of the online dealers that sell them. I got one from Ziegler's when I got my Expedition as it was out of factory due to miles. I've almost made my $$ back on a couple of items that needed attention. Next oil change I am going to bring up that the heated/cooled seat on the drivers side doesn't work right on your back, or at all, the seat base works fine. That should cover the cost of the warranty when they fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast