Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Replace with skirt tabs and tie it on with jig tying thread or thin diameter copper wire.
    If they were tied on properly like that to begin with you would not need to replace the skirt. I quit using brand name jugs years ago and only use hand tied jigs. When a premium hand tied jig can be had for $5 there is no point in buying brand name jigs with rubber collars.

2. Scraps
    On my list of wintertime projects, been on there for two winters, is to wrap all my most used jigs with copper wire to replace the bands. Especially on skipping jigs.

Replacing a skirt on a rattleback, only way I see is going over the head, not over the hook and chambers.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    I usually don't mess with rattles but if I'm not gettin any bites I will try one. It may work one day and the next day it won't matter.

4. Member
    only in muddy water.

5. Member
    Both, sometimes its rattles sometimes not.
    If you know where the fish is and can pretty much hit him in the head id say they are not real useful.
    But if your hunting and maybe need a little help calling one in rattles are a lot more practical. imho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123