Minnkota Ultrex Too High

Okay not sure my last thread went through. Attached is a picture of my TM stowed. The end of it rest on top of the sides of the base. But, the problem is when I fish the head of the TM is too high. If I slide the shaft down when I go to stow the TM the end of it goes to the end of the base and not on top of the sides like the picture. It then bounces around a bit. Hopefully I am making sense. I would like to keep my shaft all the way down and fish. Is there something I am not doing correct?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Trade it for a longer model. Guessing it is a 45" model.

Oh shoot I forgot to put what I got. I have the 60" model but run lowrance units. Unfortunately I cannot get the Ghost because it only comes in 52" and my measurement for water line to bow of boat is 29 inches. All of the diagrams I see say I need at least a 54" TM. Its a Lund deep V so I got the US2 universal Ultrex with the 60" shaft.

You may have a 45 " bracket. The 52" & 60" use a longer bracket. If you post a picture showing the aluminum (back side) of the bracket, I could tell you which one you got.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer

Pics

I have one picture on my original post. Here are a few more let me know if they work. Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    You should have put this in the TM and electrical section. It would have been answered there.. You can get the shaft cut to what ever length you want. I would go tp 52 " and it should be good for the style of fishing your using. this will cause the motor to set higher on the motor rest pads when stored, but still allow you to fish your style. It is not recommended that you allow the head of the troll motor to rest against the depth collar. It could cause the head to crack and even completely dislodge from the shaft. Do not try to cut it yourself because it will void the warranty. It is best to bring it to an ASC to get this done.

Looks like you have the correct bracket. Unfortunately the 60" shaft seem to be too long because you don't like the head to stick up too high. The only thing to do is to shorten the shaft as suggested above, or lower it down to where it just sits on top of the bracket, that would be the lowest you could go.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer