Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Glad to help but now I wonder why that is? Only does it on mine when I stop the 2D transducers. Doesn't do it with AT or SS3D. Maybe someone with more knowledge will weigh in but I see no reason other than software glitch. In fact, HDS should use less power with the transducer stopped. Right???

Yeah very true, same here for me it will only do it on Sonar, SideScan, and DownScan, but won’t drop voltage if I stop my active target, extremely weird hopefully it is just a simple software issue that can be fixed with an update, but yes hopefully someone can input some more knowledge
    2012 Ranger Z520 Comanche
    Evinrude E-Tec 200HP

I worked on this last night. I did a hard reset and restored waypoints. I was able to get my LIVE 9 and LIVE 12 back to 12.8 volts but my carbon 7 for mapping would jump from 11.7 to 12.5 depending when I stop and started transducers. This is so strange! I had to hard reset my LIVE 12 because I restored my settings along with my waypoints and it through my volts to like 12.3. Almost like my settings had the volts messed up? As soon as I hard reset again boom 12.8 volts.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

4. Member
    Been following this thread on voltage drops i have similar issues on my 2 Carbons.
    when i stops to fish i generally do not stop my 2d,3d or Structure scan transducers,nver really thought about it, but have seen voltage drop on voltage overlay on both screens if i just stay on house battery.
    I guess turning units off completely would also be a solution, but i like to listen to sirius xm sometimes while fishing,off of Carbon.

Like the 2 batteries in parallel for house electronics, if you have room for them.
    i have 1 house,1 start battery, on a blue seas switch, i notice that when i put switch on 1+2,i get higher voltage on screen, and so far no issues with blinking display or motor start up.
    john

5. Banned
    It is not a battery issue. My electronics (2 HDSs, AT and SS3D) are on separate/dedicated lithium battery. It is an HDS firmware/software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    It is not a battery issue. My electronics (2 HDSs, AT and SS3D) are on separate/dedicated lithium battery. It is an HDS firmware/software issue.
    100% agree with you... who wants to call Lowrance?
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

7. Banned
    You first...be my guest.

I called and started the process; I believe it's a hard drive issue. My GEN 1/2/3 units would always read the actual voltage from battery from a voltmeter. the Carbon and Lives seem to bounce around and low. maybe processors running inside causing but I set my low voltage to 10VTS and so far no issues. battery reads 13.1

and I have dedicated wiring
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

9. Member
    Just turn off the voltage overlay off, it's almost useless anyway...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Just turn off the voltage overlay off, it's almost useless anyway...
    That is just plain wrong.
    Assuming you don`t have another voltmeter to monitor your battery, this overlay is probably the most important overlays of all.

I have had fluctuating voltages on my 16 Live for a long time. My others are really never 100% either. I think the voltages just put you in the game and are never a true indicator.

VOLTAGE overlay has become one of my favorite! Mostly since I've been using AT for almost a year now and have 3 graphs going. I've seen what LOW volts do to image quality on AT. It gets ugly! Now that I have a lithium installed for all my electronics I love seeing how strong it stays the entire fishing trip! It bothers me to see the lower volts but I know it isn't true and will eventually get fixed.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    That is just plain wrong.
    Assuming you don`t have another voltmeter to monitor your battery, this overlay is probably the most important overlays of all.
    It isn't accurate so whats the point. Yes I do have a much more ACCURATE way to know my battery votage. I have a Delta veiw guage and app on my phone that tells me voltage and % of charge...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    It isn't accurate so whats the point. Yes I do have a much more ACCURATE way to know my battery votage. I have a Delta veiw guage and app on my phone that tells me voltage and % of charge...
    Typically it is very accurate.

15. Member
    thanks Gibson for your report.
    i looked up the Delta gauge as i have a sportsman battery charger.never knew this was available.
    also appears to work with a app on phone.
    i cant tell on web site if it works in real time the amps discharged/charged while on the water,or just when back at dock and plugged into a/c sportsman charger. can you elaborate.
    does it use a shunt? for amps? is that % of voltage or amps?
    thanks
    john

16. Member
    I use a Minn Kota precision charger so not sure about your configuration.. I can see Live voltage on my phone through the Delta View Link.

17. Member
    Just an fyi I was on the Lowrance site and they mention this exact problem and state it will be fixed in future update
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

18. Member
    thanks team for your input.
    amp draw for all this electronics is something we all experience, but cant really measure to see what device if any is causing problem.is it update to software, screen size, brightness,aerator pump, etc. who knows.
    did you measure amp draw with a current meter, if so what is your setup that you can help us understand.is it easy to add this to existing setup?
    i agree that from battery to wiring to devices a simple way to measure is necessary.then we can by process of elimination correct the casue.
    thanks
    john.

2B576211

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast