Question SI from an external transducer and Mega 360 SI Conflict

Can an external Hbd SI transducer feed SI data to a new Solix 12 CHO through a Y cable if my mega 360, also connected to the Y cable, is out of the water? Sometimes, I'll be fishing in stump infested water where I'll have the M360 stowed on the deck for safety and the transducer deployed under the TM running just above the stumps and wanting to see SI.If answer is NO, then is disconnecting M360 from Y cable all I need to do? Or do i have to fiddle with the Solix settings?Questions relate to new boat scheduled to arrive sometime next month.

No, the MEGA 360 Y cable has no connection for the SI piezos in a SI transducer. The MEGA 360 uses those two circuits.

To have SI from the SI transducer, you have to disconnect the MEGA 360 Y cable and connect the SI transducer to the unit's transducer port.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    OK, thanks, was afraid that would be the case. Is the Solix smart enough to adjust to the connection change or will I need to tell it what it is connected to?

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I got around this issue by connecting the Solix SI transducer to one Solix (now an Apex) and the Mega 360 to another Solix. You don't use the Y cable in this case and both SI and Mega 360 is available to both units all the time. SI is still available to both units even when the Mega 360 is out of the water because I don't use Mega 360 for SI at all.

I troll and typically have Chart & Mega 360 (in a 30/70 split) on the Solix 12 G3 and Mega Live, SI, and DI (in a 50/25/25 split) on the Apex 19 (previously Solix 15 G2). The SI is accessible on either unit whether the Mega 360 is deployed in the water or not.

If you have 2 networked Solix units you could do the same thing. It works great.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

The transducers have XID and match the settings to what is connected.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    That sounds great but can you describe how all the connections are made. Only thing I know so far is factory is going to run an ethernet cable between the two 12" Solixs using the ethernet port on each unit. How do you make all the other connections w/o using a Y cable? Do I need a ethernet hub? Would love to find a diagram of the hook up.

7. Member

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Both the Solix SI Transducer and the Mega 360 connect to the Solix Sonar port. There is no ethernet involved in connecting either Transducer. Connect either transducer to the sonar port of Unit #1 and the other transducer to the Sonar port of unit #2. To network the 2 Solix units, just run an appropriate length Humminbird Ethernet cable between the 2 units. If you need to connect another ethernet device, then you would also need the Humminbird Ethernet Switch. In that case, each device would connect to the switch with an Ethernet cable from each to the switch.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    Got it! Thanks a million. That will simplify my set up considerably. Appreciate all the help in getting me up to speed in this new world. Now that i understand how everything is hooked up and have a good concept of ops, I'll concentrate on reading the manual which I've downloaded.

10. Member
    Thanks, I'll check it out.