Humminbird Helix GPS Problem

Hello, I purchased 2 new helix 12’s in April of 2018 and installed them on my new boat. They worked fine until last year with the exception of the depth issues so many on here have also experienced. The first concern was the console unit would get EXTREMELY hot at times, to the point you couldn’t touch it. I literally had seen it steam if putting a damp rag on it in attempt to clean the screen, however this intermittent I could shut it down for a bit when I noticed it and it wouldn’t do it again that day or maybe even the next few trips. Then the GPS started acting up where the map would start shifting around like 90° when I would turn the boat even slightly..at times it would actually move my boat icon to dry land while I was running in the middle of the river. Eventually it got to the point where it was doing it even while the boat was sitting still. This is happening with lake master card as well as base map. I bought an AS GPS thinking the internal GPS was faulty even though it always showed to be connected in the source setup. The external puck didn’t change a thing. A few months later the left side of my side imaging went completely black. I contacted Humminbird and went through their format/reset process and they suggested a new transducer. I ordered a brand new one installed it and still don’t have the left side of the side imaging. Called them back up and they said only option now is to send in for repair. My dilemma is I’m not sure I want to dump anymore money into this 1st generation unit when now they are already on the 4th generation. I decided I could live without side imaging in the meantime until I save up some money and figure out what I’m gonna do. But not having a reliable map isn’t any fun. Has anyone seen this behavior regarding gps/maps and any idea what else I can try or check? Here is a link showing what it’s doing.

If you are set to course up, try heading up.