HDS GEN 2 touch 9 and 12 best connection set up

Hi All, I currently have 4 HDS gen 2 touch units on my Triton. I have an LSS2 transducer in the back and a 2D transducer in the hull. I have a Structure scan module in my rod box mainly because I was still running an HDS gen 2 10 non touch. I have a NEMA 2000 backbone with everything connected to it including a point 1. I have the 4 units connected via ethernet through the structure scan box. I have an HDI transducer up front along with a regular 2D sonar transducer on the trolling motor. My question is if I want to eliminate the structure scan box what would be the best way to make all my connections. Also, does the HDI transducer up front go in the regular sonar plug in the back of the unit or the structure plug. Thanks

Rich

2. Member
    Sorry. I was incorrect.
    Last edited by zero_cool; 01-12-2022 at 03:12 PM.

3. Member
    Depends on the size on those G2T-units. :) You can use ethernet unit to unit as long as you have enough ethernetports.

4. Member
    I have 3 gen 2 touch 9's and 1 gen 2 touch 12. So it sounds like I can connect all four through ethernet. The lss2 should be plugged into one of my bow units I assume.

5. Member
    hey Team Colibri I have family in Norway just saw that was where you were....they are just outside Stavanger in Sandnes.

6. Member
    Yes, daisy-chain with ethernet and the LSS can go directly to a G2T.

I’m just outside Oslo, but I have been to both Stavanger and Sandnes many times due to work. Some great (saltwater) fishing over there. :)

7. Member
    Thank you...I have an opportunity to pick up a gen 3 hds 12.....will that be compatible with my gen 2 touches

8. Member
    Only if it remains on software version 7 or below.
    There should be enough Ethernet ports to connect all the units together but your LSS 2 should go to one of the console units if it’s on the transom. The HDI on the bow should connect into the Sonar port.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    Thanks NoCal I think I will pass on the GEN 3 if there are no advantages