Free C-MAP DISCOVER card w/ purchase of HDS LIVE or Elite FS ??

Anybody else having trouble claiming or getting their free C-MAP DISCOVER card?

“From November 1, 2021 through April 30, 2022 anglers who purchase an HDS LIVE or Elite FS display will receive a free CMAP® DISCOVER OnBoard chart card. CMAP® DISCOVER OnBoard will soon come preloaded in all Lowrance HDS LIVE and Elite FS displays”

https://prep.lowrance.com/offers/fre...onboard-chart/

I purchased an HDS Live 12" w/ Active Imaging 3-In-1 Transducer (000-14428-001) UPC: 9420024171950 at Cabela’s last week.

When I try to claim at https://lowrance.4myrebate.com/go/Register/Offer , using the offer code for US residents [LOW-10032], it say’s something like INVALID OFFER or OFFER NOT VALID.

• I tried with multiple browsers, still say’s LOW-10032 is INVALID.
    • Went back to Cabela’s, they were clueless, said call Lowrance.
    • Called Lowrance….they were also clueless, said call rebates help dept.

So, I called the rebates help # listed on the website 1.800.286.9146 , waited on hold for over an hour, when finally, someone (sounded like they were in Calcutta), answered; I tried to explain the situation, but they couldn’t comprehend what I was even talking about and basically ended the call.

I’m not sure where to go from here?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

2. Member
    Maybe try using the code without the dash.

3. Member
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, upon inspection of the web pages' html code, [ LOW- ] is actually hard coded in the input form field of the 'Offer Code' box by default. And though it can be overwritten, the html code also shows the value they are looking for in that field must be entered in the format [LOW-*****] .

4.jpg
    Last edited by jsouth20; 01-12-2022 at 05:03 PM.

4. Member
    Ahhh ok. I’ve ran into a few websites where the suggested format was different than what the form would accept.

5. Member
    do they give you a mail in option? Most rebates have that.

6. Member
    Not exactly. They want everything processed via https://lowrance.4myrebate.com/go web site.

Confusing because technically, it’s not even a Rebate; given that it will soon come embedded on all HDS LIVE & Elite FS displays.

anglers who purchase an HDS LIVE or Elite FS display will receive a free CMAP® DISCOVER OnBoard chart card.
    C
    MAP® DISCOVER OnBoard will soon come preloaded in all Lowrance HDS LIVE and Elite FS displays

Why Lowrance chose to distribute it through lowrance.4myrebate.com/go is beyond me. They specifically mention that it “will not be available as a downloadable software upgrade.”…. Certainly could have made it a lot easier to obtain a feature that according to them, purchasers are entitled to.

Frustrating, because I’ve been jumping through hoops for a week already on this, and nobody at Lowrance seems to even be aware of their own promotion?

Seeing as my LIVE unit came with CONTOURS PLUS mapping, I was starting to look into a better mapping solution, such as Navionics HotMaps + /Platinum or C-MAPS DISCOVER/REVEAL; but when I saw the offer claiming I was entitled to a “free CMAP® DISCOVER OnBoard chart card” , I figured I’d try that first before purchasing something else.

Is there a difference b/w the [CMAP® DISCOVER OnBoard chart card] and [CMAP® DISCOVER chart card] ?

C‑MAP® DISCOVER™ OnBoard - Complete Lake List.

7. Member
    Embedded mapping is one of the things that take up the most memory in a unit apart from the OS itself. Earlier offerings of having the mapping updated led to a bunch of user-related issues (especially related to the size of the update-file, needing a stabile internetconnection to complete), so my guess is that Lowrance actually learned from that experience.

Here in Norway the card for the "free" C-Map is in the box with the unit, and you just use a code through C-Maps own website to download the content you want to that memorycard. perhaps Navico US could learn a thing or two from Navico Norway.....

8. Member

Smile

"Here in Norway the card for the "free" C-Map is in the box with the unit, and you just use a code through C-Maps own website to download the content you want to that memorycard. perhaps Navico US could learn a thing or two from Navico Norway...."
    Yeah, that sounds much better (Norwegian way), and one would have thought also the preferred method of delivering content to users in 2022. Would have made to much sense for Navico US to do it that way I guess.

9. Member
    I purchased a FS 7 an FS 9 last year and am curious what the difference is between the DISCOVER card and what was preloaded? I'm in Canada mainly fishing Lake of The Woods if that matters.