Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thats pretty funny as before I went to the lake I depolyed mine on the trailer and watched it Turn one way360 stop and turn back 360 ete ete till i stopped it. Try it on your trailer once

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Trick step won't allow that!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Nope uses both sides of the side imaging ducer so it doesn't need to.
    That’s good. I didn’t know how I would have gotten that much slack from my active target cord.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    That’s good. I didn’t know how I would have gotten that much slack from my active target cord.
    That is why I did it on the trailer to adjust my cable around the shaft for a full turn

5. Member
    I realize this is free functionality for anyone who already has the transducer, so I give Lowramce credit for that.

However, this seems like really gimmicky stuff. I wish Lowramce had a real 360 like Humminbirds. The inability to use your trolling motor while this spins is just silly.

I hope some people get some use out of it and like it, but I don't see any reason at all that I would upgrade transducers to try this.

Question though - can one of the Ghost trolling motor buttons be programmed to the Scan button so you don't have to reach down and click scan on the screen?

It seems like using this in combination with forward facing sonar would be a pain.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    If you read above yes you can program the ghost button to start and stop the scan. I just don't understand all the belly aching about this. It is free and a capability you didn't have before. Of course buying all the items required to add Mega 360 to your boat is better - much better. You can't use Mega Live or Active Target while you are on spotlock so this has the same limitation. I'm looking forward to trying it out and then I'll report back whether I think it is "lame", "a gimmick", or "useful". It has got limitations, but the wind does lay down even on the plains where I live. I also get a favorable wind that pushes me down a bank or flat I'm fishing, it should work in both those scenarios. I also hope that a "true" 360 is in the future from Lowrance, but until then I'm going to give this a try. I love active target so if this is 25% as useful I'll be tickled

7. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    That is why I did it on the trailer to adjust my cable around the shaft for a full turn
    Are you saying the TM turns more with this? I use my TM all the way in both directions and haven't had any AT cablr issues, is this different?

8. Member
    The first time I ran it on the trailer my cable was pretty tight for a full Turn. So I adjusted it around the shaft for more turning. I never paid attention for turning while driving it, most don't go all the way around as the pedal won't let it I don't think. Just so we are talking about the same thing If you start with the nosecone straight forward then turn it right all the way so the nose cone is straight again that is 360 then go left and all the way around back to start, That is a 360 turn. It does not go half way around and back. I guess I will have to go out to the shop and video this.

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    That's my question - if I turn the foot pedal all the way to the right and then all the way to the left, the 360 is turning the same left and right or turning farther?

10. Member
    I’d already had this rigged before the 360 came out. I had it from another application. It may look a little awkward but it works fine and saved a few hundred bucks!
    DDB625BB-BFF8-4DC1-A171-9B50B87085C9.jpeg
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    That's my question - if I turn the foot pedal all the way to the right and then all the way to the left, the 360 is turning the same left and right or turning farther?
    I will have to check this out but when the pedal is straight that is nosecone straight forward pedal front down the motor is 180 to the back of the boat. Pedal Level and straight it s back to Forward the Pedal down at the heel motor turns left to 180 reverses. But with 360 level pedal turning right all the way back to straight you are turning the shaft farther one way that is what I saw deploying on my trailer so adjusted the cable around the shaft to compensate for the longer turn 360 deg. I can see depending on how a cable is setup someone tearing something up without checking this before hitting the water. I will go in my shop today and double check what i just said.

Ok I got my one mistake for 2022 out of the way. It does know turn 180 on the right side only . The only thing I can think of is the first day when I tested I had some software issues that were rebooting my HDS and other items. So I reloaded 22.1 on that unit and everything has been working since. So Today deployed and it turns 180 the reason I know it turned 360 before as I had to unbolt my AT Transducer off the bracket to keep from hitting the boat trailer frame and today I did not have to do that as it was not going all the way around. My Mistake on the 360 and glad to have that error out of the way for 2022. Carry On
    Last edited by Basshopper; 01-16-2022 at 11:13 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Hey Marc..can you get out and let us know the deal with pallet 11 on sidescan
    Sorry, forgot to do that today!
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Sorry, forgot to do that today!
    Marc, did You tested new colour on water? I tested it on simulation mode with sonar logs from 455/800 3in1, ss3d. Not happy. Yes, new blue increase range in 800khz, but fish detecting isn't so good as old blue. In 455 khz it give crazy range for SI. But there's old data, maybe it working better stright on water.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    Marc, did You tested new colour on water? I tested it on simulation mode with sonar logs from 455/800 3in1, ss3d. Not happy. Yes, new blue increase range in 800khz, but fish detecting isn't so good as old blue. In 455 khz it give crazy range for SI. But there's old data, maybe it working better stright on water.
    Sorry, but not yet. Blew an injector last trip out and waiting to get my motor fixed so I can go out again.
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    Screenshots from the logs, not mine. "On the water" is likely to be somewhat different. Nevertheless, it's interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 11.png (551.0 KB, 108 views)
    • File Type: png 9.png (468.4 KB, 91 views)

16. Member
    Hard bottom returns looks good, but they always looks good. Soft bottom lakes- there's no "wow", unfortunatley. Old 9 is still best for fish detect. This 11 colour is better than no. 4 - brown for long range scan.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htbboats View Post
    I’d already had this rigged before the 360 came out. I had it from another application. It may look a little awkward but it works fine and saved a few hundred bucks!
    DDB625BB-BFF8-4DC1-A171-9B50B87085C9.jpeg
    Does the cover for your boat fit over that? I sold my 3-1 and bought the nosecone for only $80 more than I sold my used 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    Screenshots from the logs, not mine. "On the water" is likely to be somewhat different. Nevertheless, it's interesting.
    Thanks!
    Need to get some showing fish shadows for us.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Does the cover for your boat fit over that? I sold my 3-1 and bought the nosecone for only $80 more than I sold my used 3-1.
    To be honest I’ve never had the cover on the boat. I’ve got a shop at home that I keep the boat in. Most covers fit pretty tight so I’d bet it would not go over it!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

20. Member
    Here is couple sreenshots with colours 9 & 11 in comparision.
    Data from ss3d sonarlogs, HDSlive7 unit. Lake with soft bottom, all values in metric, structurescan range 45m.

1.jpg3.jpg4.png5.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (97.2 KB, 66 views)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast