Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Did you have the trolling motor powered ON?
    Yes, the trolling motor is turned on. Anything else it could be?

2. Member
    I would verify the foot pedal lights are on. That message is indicative of no connection to the Ghost on the NMEA network, which occurs when there is no power to the pedal. If pedal has power then check your NMEA 2000 connection.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    My question is do you have to have the 3-1 transducer that they sell to attach to the Ghost, or can I take the 3-1 that came with my Carbon and attach it to the trolling motor?

4. Member
    Am I correct that when you hit the Scan button the TM makes 1 full scan and stops. In order to rescan you need to hit the Scan button again.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GClark519 View Post
    My question is do you have to have the 3-1 transducer that they sell to attach to the Ghost, or can I take the 3-1 that came with my Carbon and attach it to the trolling motor?
    My understanding is that this will work with no problem. I am selling my brand new 3-1 transducer and going to get a nosecone transducer so I dont have wires running down the trolling motor.

Quote Originally Posted by rgbtr196le View Post
    The TM lights are all on and the 360 app is on my screen. This is a new boat and I'm trying to get everything updated before getting it out on the water. Just to clarify, does the 9-pin plug at the bow of my boat plug into channel 1 or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I would verify the foot pedal lights are on. That message is indicative of no connection to the Ghost on the NMEA network, which occurs when there is no power to the pedal. If pedal has power then check your NMEA 2000 connection.
    Yes, everything is on to include the TM. Does the 9-pin plug at the bow plug into channel 1 or 2?

8. Member
    Yes, everything is on to include the TM. Does the 9-pin plug at the bow plug into channel 1 or 2?
    The Ghost transducer plug goes into Channel 2, the outside black port, since it has DownScan. Have you activated AutoPilot in the features? Settings, Advanced, Features, turn on Autopilot.
    ciao,
    Marc

The Ghost transducer plug goes into Channel 2, the outside black port, since it has DownScan. Have you activated AutoPilot in the features? Settings, Advanced, Features, turn on Autopilot.
    Yes, Autopilot is activated as mentioned in your post. I also received a message on my screen that says, "the device can't be updated from here and to visit the manufacturer's website for more information."

10. Member
    Mine is on the way. FYI, TW is sold out!

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

11. Member
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Sooo...with very limited info etc..

Does anyone else think this is another "spotlight scan" failure waiting to happen? I mean..you cant use the t motor when using the ghost scan 360.

So you need calm conditions or anchored with powerpoles etc..to get clear images? Has anyone even seen real images yet? Yes, I saw the video but do we know if those were real images? Just my thoughts..free software but you need a $340 transducer...I dont see many guys with the 3-1 on their ghost after installing the AT
    Basscat P4

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post

Thanks all working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Sooo...with very limited info etc..

Does anyone else think this is another "spotlight scan" failure waiting to happen? I mean..you cant use the t motor when using the ghost scan 360.

So you need calm conditions or anchored with powerpoles etc..to get clear images? Has anyone even seen real images yet? Yes, I saw the video but do we know if those were real images? Just my thoughts..free software but you need a $340 transducer...I dont see many guys with the 3-1 on their ghost after installing the AT
    RMP clearly show some mighty fine images. Its a tool. If I had a ghost I'd be all over it.
    The 3n1 itself has some pretty good 2d images and the side and down can come in handy. All in one unit. I doubt $350 is gonna hurt anyone that can afford a ghost anyway.
    Last edited by bloodman; 01-13-2022 at 01:38 PM.

15. Member
    N2k needs to be powered up to

16. Member
    PXL_20220113_030243619.jpg
    Got everything working but there's 5 inches of ice in my area

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypistons View Post
    N2k needs to be powered up to
    Where do I find N2k? I'm new to the HDS Live systems.

18. Member
    Yes, Autopilot is activated as mentioned in your post. I also received a message on my screen that says, "the device can't be updated from here and to visit the manufacturer's website for more information."
    It sounds like you have not successfully updated your Ghost trolling motor. You can do this by the Lowrance App, or as I prefer download the Ghost update on a microSD card (32 GB or less), turn on the Ghost pedal so the blue light is on, turn on your LIVE, insert the card, go to "Storage" on the live to the card location, find the Ghost update (file name ends in .swup), highlight the file name, and then install it per the directions on your screen. Be patient before closing out the update process to ensure it fully updated and tells you so.
    ciao,
    Marc

It sounds like you have not successfully updated your Ghost trolling motor. You can do this by the Lowrance App, or as I prefer download the Ghost update on a microSD card (32 GB or less), turn on the Ghost pedal so the blue light is on, turn on your LIVE, insert the card, go to "Storage" on the live to the card location, find the Ghost update (file name ends in .swup), highlight the file name, and then install it per the directions on your screen. Be patient before closing out the update process to ensure it fully updated and tells you so.
    I just again updated the Lowrance HDS Live units and the current version is 22.1. I tried updating the Ghost (with blue power button on) again and got the message, "No autopilot computer." I also get a message that says, "There are 1 software update(s) available for devices on this network. Do you want to view them?" I then click "Yes" and get another message that says, "The device can't be updated from here." Additionally, my unit states the ActiveTarget current version is 20.3, available version 22.1.

20. Member
    I just again updated the Lowrance HDS Live units and the current version is 22.1. I tried updating the Ghost (with blue power button on) again and got the message, "No autopilot computer." I also get a message that says, "There are 1 software update(s) available for devices on this network. Do you want to view them?" I then click "Yes" and get another message that says, "The device can't be updated from here." Additionally, my unit states the ActiveTarget current version is 20.3, available version 22.1.
    "The device can't be updated from here." When that message comes up it usually means the device is not connected to the internet (through your wifi at home, or through a hotspot). Make sure you are logged onto the internet.

Just to be clear, you went to the Lowrance website, and downloaded the update for the Ghost trolling motor 20.1, and put that update on a microSD card (file name on card should end in .swup) and tried to install that file while the Ghost is powered on?

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=3613
    ciao,
    Marc

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast