Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So I can’t update my lives and manually spin the 3-1 on my Ultrex?

2. Member
    For Everyone that has updated and ready to hit the water here is a suggestion to do before you hit the water. I did this to see how this worked Deploy your motor on the trailer and make sure your cable for the AT or any other transducer cable is positioned for the motor to turn 360 degrees. I am glad I did this before hitting the lake as mind would have been short and would be tough to adjust that on the water. I will be on the water in the morning checking it all out Looks great. Enjoy

PS The Ghost turns 360 one way then 360 back the other way.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    So, if I have a 3 in 1 transducer can I mount it on my ultrex and get this 360 technology on my HDS Live?
    No because for it to work, the HDS moves the Ghost slowly 180 degrees back and forth to provide the image. Similiar to the HB 360 spinning by itself.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    You can try, but you will never match the proper speed of spin and you will have a blurry picture. Those of us that have had the 3 in 1 on our TMs for a while have tried that with rather poor results. In theory it works, in application, not so much.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Sounds awesome!!?? But does the trolling motor head spin or ?
    Yes, back and forth 180 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    From the video, it spins 180 degrees, then back 180. When it is scanning, you won't be able to spot lock the TM.
    Thanks!
    Basscat P4

I really do not see the usefulness in this feature for my style of fishing - working down a bank or spot locked on a point/offshore hump. Compared to HB M360 it seems like it is equivalent in display but not in utility. They need an independent shaft or a rotating transducer, not an entire LU rotating. If I am wrong, please correct me!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    I updated my live units and the ghost trolling motor this afternoon. My units do not show the 360 Icon on the page's menu, any ideas why?

The trolling motor is powered on but not deployed rather it is in the stowed position if that matters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I updated my live units and the ghost trolling motor this afternoon. My units do not show the 360 Icon on the page's menu, any ideas why?

The trolling motor is powered on but not deployed rather it is in the stowed position if that matters.

Thanks
    Turn it on in pages>system>advanced >features

10. Member
    I ordered mine today from Russell Marine Products 😁

Too bad you cant overlay the 360 image on your map screen like structure map does.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I really do not see the usefulness in this feature for my style of fishing - working down a bank or spot locked on a point/offshore hump. Compared to HB M360 it seems like it is equivalent in display but not in utility. They need an independent shaft or a rotating transducer, not an entire LU rotating. If I am wrong, please correct me!
    I think you're right. If you have any live imaging transducer on the shaft or trolling motor head, that's going to be another issue. I guess it would be okay for a quick scan provided there no wind or waves pushing the boat around. Hopefully we can have a "non-dealer" review soon. Additionally, I don't see a ice fisherman toting a ghost trolling motor on the ice to use this feature...

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWILLIAMS View Post
    I think you're right. If you have any live imaging transducer on the shaft or trolling motor head, that's going to be another issue. I guess it would be okay for a quick scan provided there no wind or waves pushing the boat around. Hopefully we can have a "non-dealer" review soon. Additionally, I don't see a ice fisherman toting a ghost trolling motor on the ice to use this feature...
    It’s free if you have a ghost and a 3N1. No compared to purchasing a HB unit 360 ducer and a mounting bracket it isn’t nearly as useful. So you are drifting down a bank in a breeze or in calm water it’ll be useful. It’s free! How often do we say that? ��

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    You can try, but you will never match the proper speed of spin and you will have a blurry picture. Those of us that have had the 3 in 1 on our TMs for a while have tried that with rather poor results. In theory it works, in application, not so much.
    But did you have the new software technology on your unit when you tried manually to spin it? Would be cool if it worked but I get what your saying about consistent speed of rotation

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I forsee the pole mounts for active target becoming more popular now. As it renders the combination of using both at same time useless. As well as not being able to use spotlock and 360 at same time. Even though a lowrance guy I'll stick w mega 360 and a helix for my 360 images. Still better in the 360 world. Good for them though to produce something low cost for lowrance and ghost users to get there customers feet wet with "a sort of" 360 imaging. As noted above good in theory, and in the "perfect" scenario will produce clear 360 like images.

I tried updating my Ghost and received an alarm that says "No autopilot computer." Any suggestions?

17. Member
    Next thing should be trolling motor where the transducer moves independently from the motor head.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post

Thanks

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    . Nope. How would the Lowrance unit know the position of the head on the ultras? This is a complete system and not just the transducer. The Lowrance head unit moves the head of the Ghost.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbtr196le View Post
    I tried updating my Ghost and received an alarm that says "No autopilot computer." Any suggestions?
    Did you have the trolling motor powered ON?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast