Thread: Quantum......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quantum......

Does anyone know what they may be up to?

Haven't really seen any new product from them lately. They also do not seem to be keeping up with the website or promotional activities. Perhaps being a part of Rather Outdoors now (who also Lew's), they will be phased out.?.?.?.?.

I wouldn't imagine this would happen, but who knows in today's world.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

2. Member
    I just ordered some rods from their website last week and already got them in, everything seemed fine to me. Looked like they had their stock quantities on their website and such. However, I'm not sure about any new products

You rarely see anything on them anymore. I do have some Burns from 15 yrs ago that are very solid reels.

4. Member
    Didn’t they just come out with a new Line of smoke HD reels?

I’ve always been a fan of the smokes. Could never fine tune their lower end baitcasters in though. Ended up selling the ones I had. I still give them a glance whenever browsing though

A3A00EDF-14B6-4C18-A96E-69B167C257EC.jpeg
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

They sure do seem to have backed off of their advertising and cut a ton of pro-staff. I know a lot of it happened when guys went to Lew’s, but not all. It just seems like they went from being a major brand to almost unheard of in a short time. I had some of the old ones in low gear ratio for deep cranking that I liked a lot. They were the ones with the metal side plates that turned different colors in different light/angles. Other than those, I was never too impressed with any other Quantum reels that I owned.

6. Member
    So they lost relevance at the same time as Vandam.

7. Member
    I'd like to order some more 1311s.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I'd like to order some more 1311s.
    I'm still using my 1310. Throw my a rig on one. Can throw it a mile and never backlash.

9. Member
    I changed to Quantum about 20 years ago.

Still have Energy PT baitcasters that are running strong.

Was thinking of updating to the Vapor, but I want to wait to see if they are going to hand around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    I changed to Quantum about 20 years ago.

Still have Energy PT baitcasters that are running strong.

Was thinking of updating to the Vapor, but I want to wait to see if they are going to hand around.
    Now I remember...The PT's were the ones with the side plates that changed color like and oil slick. I had five of those that were geared really low for my deep cranking rods and those are the only Quantums that i've ever owned that held up for me.

11. Member
    I still use a couple of the Energy PT reels and some of the Burner's (blue ones). I also have a bunch of Smoke and Smoke HD along with some of the Tour models that they recently discontinued. Found some KVD Tour left handed with 5.1:1 gear ration that I put on my cranking rods.

Big fan of Quantum before KVD ever showed up, their customer services was excellent the 2 times since the late 80's that I have had to use them. Hope it stays that way!

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dam, didnt think the BBC crowd had this many Quantum guys.........when a Quantum post is made, they usually crucifi the Quantum......for the record, i do have Q products i still use, new and old.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    They bought this company primarily for the Zebco business, which is quite substantial. Zebco/Quantum also had very strong distribution in Europe and some other countries that will help them grow their business in those areas. I would think that Quantum will continue, but their main focus will be on Lew's and that's where you'll see most of the better products.

14. Member
    You 50+ folks... remember watching bassmaster seeing Tommy Biffle use the brownish-orange quantum baitcasters as he was flipping and kicking everyone's butt ? That was my first quantum reel purchase.. had to have it....

15. Member
    I got a couple of there newer PT reels years ago. Not really like I needed them.
    16420077858877827404255635382022.jpg

Even though I have lots with the brand.
    I told myself I will try Shimano next, if I ever buy a new one. Didn't try one for years after my first one was trash, and jammed up on a Hook set. But so many I have talked with really have nothing but good to say.
    Which I am that away about the old blue Quantum PT reels. Have lots.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    I got a couple of there newer PT reels years ago. Not really like I needed them.
    16420077858877827404255635382022.jpg

Even though I have lots with the brand.
    I told myself I will try Shimano next, if I ever buy a new one. Didn't try one for years after my first one was trash, and jammed up on a Hook set. But so many I have talked with really have nothing but good to say.
    Which I am that away about the old blue Quantum PT reels. Have lots.
    My favorite one so far, the tour S3, shame they stopped making them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    You 50+ folks... remember watching bassmaster seeing Tommy Biffle use the brownish-orange quantum baitcasters as he was flipping and kicking everyone's butt ? That was my first quantum reel purchase.. had to have it....
    Wasn't just Biffel.

The Lindners and In-Fisherman used them too.

Quantum was acquired by Rather Outdoors, the parent company that owns Lew's last year.

Rather Outdoors Acquires Zebco - The Fishing Wire
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerFish View Post
    Quantum was acquired by Rather Outdoors, the parent company that owns Lew's last year.

Rather Outdoors Acquires Zebco - The Fishing Wire
    Exactly.

Which is when advertising dropped. No new products of note in 2021.

20. Member
    I can't remember what they were called, but they seemed like the first step between a round reel and a low profile. I learned to bass fish on them and they were indestructable. The only reason I moved on was because low profile were what the pro's used. I don't know what ever happened to those old reels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast