Line recommendation

Over the winter here I'm going to replace all my line . Primarily river fishing the mississippi and will probably stick to between 15 and 20 lb flouro except for frog and jig will be braid . I'm thinking of going with sunline products but I'm open to suggestions . What's everyone happiest with out there ? I'd like it to last more that 1 season . Thanks in advance !

2. Member
    Sunline Sniper

3. Member
    I don’t believe any flouro will last more than a season. As far as braid I like power pro. I fish the Mississippi river almost exclusively and don’t get a season out of a frog rod either. I fish 2-4 times a week though.

4. Member
    Seaguar INViZX without question!

5. Member
    Ya I like power pro also for braid . Anything else you suggest for the river Limitfish? I'm only out there once a week at best april- November.

If you feel like spending the money. Gamma Edge if not Sunline Super Sniper.
    Last edited by RipNLips; 01-12-2022 at 06:13 AM.

7. Member
    I use Seagur Tatsu.
    It’s expensive but has the least memory of all the Fluro brands.
    I work rotation 42 days on 42 days off in Nigeria. So my line sits on the reel for a long time.

When I return. I can stretch it out and it’s good to go while I’m home.
    Of course at the price you can replace more often with a cheaper line.

For me it’s a tough line and thinner then most.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    Sunline Sniper no doubt. I had a bad experience with Seaguar and received no customer support. I never understood why they stopped making Carbon Pro. Invizx was supposed to be a improvement but for me it was a huge disappointment. The old Carbon Pro is still the best FC I've ever fished although the Sunline Sniper is very good line.

9. Member
    Shooter for Carolina rigging and flipping

10. Member
    I keep going back to BPS Floro, the one in the yellow and purple box. I've tried Sunline and Seagar and broke a lot of fish off on hooksets. I don't see much difference in braid that makes me prefer one over another. I did use Izorline XXX on 2 poles and really liked it.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

11. Member
    I am doing a little winter experiment this winter and Berkley Vanish is doing quite well. I will probably spool up 7 are 8 rods with it in the spring to see how it does then.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

12. Member
    Sniper or Assassin for fluorocarbon. You can honestly get away with #16 Sniper and #20 Sniper or Assassin for most of your river duties. Square bill, spinnerbait, buzzbait, chatterbait, flippin, swim jig. On the northern stretches of the river I use a little more than that because I chase smallmouth too. But for most of the normal slough and backwater fishing those lines listed will work well

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Seaguar INViZX without question!
    this is the best flouro I've used so far

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gholbert View Post
    Sunline Sniper

I use Sunline Super Fluorocarbon for all my flouro needs. Been very, very good to me over the several years of using it. For braid it's hard to beat Daiwa J Braid 8X Grand.

16. Member
    I am a big fan of Berkley 100%, but I'm also a little biased...

17. Member
    IMHO, hard to beat PowerPro for braid. Reasonably priced and reliable. Can often find bulk spools on eBay cheaper than TW. I've also had luck with Sunline FX2 but the only reason I have it is I bought it from an individual on another website for something like $6 spool.

In terms of Fluorocarbon & Mono, I've tried Sunline FC Sniper, Assassin and Super Natural with less than stellar results. They cast great, but I definitely had waaay too many break offs and I was using 16-20 Fluoro and 20-25 Mono. To the contrary, I've had excellent luck with Seaguar Abrazx fluoro and AN40 mono.

18. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I use Sunline Super Fluorocarbon for all my flouro needs. Been very, very good to me over the several years of using it. For braid it's hard to beat Daiwa J Braid 8X Grand.
    I agree with both of these recommendations. Tatsu is also a superior fluorocarbon, in my experience.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    IMHO, hard to beat PowerPro for braid. Reasonably priced and reliable. Can often find bulk spools on eBay cheaper than TW. I've also had luck with Sunline FX2 but the only reason I have it is I bought it from an individual on another website for something like $6 spool.

In terms of Fluorocarbon & Mono, I've tried Sunline FC Sniper, Assassin and Super Natural with less than stellar results. They cast great, but I definitely had waaay too many break offs and I was using 16-20 Fluoro and 20-25 Mono. To the contrary, I've had excellent luck with Seaguar Abrazx fluoro and AN40 mono.
    Not the biggest fan of Super Natural but Sniper and Assassin have been great for me. Not fond of Abrazx.