Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Minn Kota is also adding factory space.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Ok, get your butt back Inside and go back to work!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    https://www.humminbird.com/news/article/expansion-future-humminbird-holds-groundbreaking-ceremony?sf252631103=1&fbclid=IwAR09Ex_A2OM-MuTO9DkYzyRwdYqT45Ovm3W9ht2zHpvVzy-xNKTZyJ0wmIQ

Minnkota in Mankato MN just finished an expansion maybe 3 years ago now? Sorry this comment was in response to bobcoy

5. Member
    Ole, I saw a press release recently. They are still doing well! Like BBum says they need to get back to work!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Ole, I saw a press release recently. They are still doing well! Like BBum says they need to get back to work!
    Maybe by the time the expansion is built, the materials to make product will be available.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member

8. Member
    Stimulus checks are "done" this year,
    People realizing they have to pay back the child tax credit money,

By time Hbird expands the demand will drop back to normal fishing levels :)

Who am I kidding.... Anyone have a Mega 360 I can buy?
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    Stimulus checks are "done" this year,
    People realizing they have to pay back the child tax credit money,

By time Hbird expands the demand will drop back to normal fishing levels :)

Who am I kidding.... Anyone have a Mega 360 I can buy?
    just sold one---didn't last long !!

Why does it seem that its only Humminbird that can't build units or be so bad behind? Seems there's plenty of Lowrance and Garmin on the market. Or at least that's what it seems to me. I've been waiting on BassPro to get a Helix 12 Si forever and doesn't appear to be gonna happen. Reason for BassPro is because I have about $500 in points and several gift cards to put towards a unit.

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoodfin View Post
    Why does it seem that its only Humminbird that can't build units or be so bad behind? Seems there's plenty of Lowrance and Garmin on the market. Or at least that's what it seems to me. I've been waiting on BassPro to get a Helix 12 Si forever and doesn't appear to be gonna happen. Reason for BassPro is because I have about $500 in points and several gift cards to put towards a unit.
    I have no idea what the relative unit sales volume is between the 3 companies nor where Garmin and Lowrance stand with new generations of their control head technologies but I do know that Humminbird basically is on the front end of new generations with Helix, Solix, Apex, and Mega Live. This puts a lot of new startup production pressure on things. I also have a feeling that Humminbird has far higher unit sales than Garmin or Lowrance for "fishing" control heads. I say "fishing" because Garmin has a lot of unit sales for pleasure boating where manufacturers use the same control heads for the the "glass dash". I have a Garmin GPSMAP 7607 at the helm on my Cobalt WakeSurf Boat. That probably also gives Garmin some manufacturing economies of scale advantages as well because they aren't just relying on sales to fishermen.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Another thing I've noticed on BBC is the sale of used Electronics.
    H-Bird stuff is few and far between. When it does show up unless its way overpriced it doesn't last long.

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    H-Bird stuff is few and far between. When it does show up unless its way overpriced it doesn't last long.
    I've sold Onix and Solix gear on Facebook and don't think I've ever had it listed more than a couple of days before it is sold. Humminbird also carries a great resale value. That's one of the reasons I stay current on technology. As soon as Humminbird announces something new, which replaces something I have, I immediately jump on it and sell my previous generation. At that point, it still has a great resale price so I'm able to stay current without breaking the bank... Well, except for the Apex 19... That broke the bank
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

14. Member
    It would seem that HB dropped the ball. They didn't plan for the demand and now they are very far behind while the other brands planned better and met the demand. Maybe HB will catch up a little now but it's probably little to late now. Once the demand is down which it's coming you will be able to get products but the prices won't go down.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

15. Member
    Reason for BassPro is because I have about $500 in points and several gift cards to put towards a unit.
    Off topic, but I am in the same boat. Will probably end up purchasing from BPS. You can buy discount giftcards, gift cards from gifts, and credit card incentives.

HBs are assembled in the US, Garmin in Taiwan, Lowrance in Mexico. Maybe logistics in supply chains, and assembly locations during Covid affected them differently?

17. Member
    Parts.... ya can't build without parts

18. Member
    They’ve had this in stock recently, they just seem to only get a few at a time. With some perseverance, you should be able to get it. I made a habit out of refreshing Bass Pro first thing each morning and have recently purchased a Helix 10 SI, Helix 10 CHO, Mega 360 from them. Each time I completed the purchase the item went back to “out of stock” immediately or shortly thereafter. Bass Pro hasn’t had the trolling motor I wanted, so last night I ordered it (Ultrex 80 52” MDI) from another big retailer that has them in stock.

I used various cash back services to save over $730 off retail and got another $90 in Bass Pro Outdoor Rewards credit for the stuff I bought there.

Now I just need a build date for the boat I ordered! I’ll be eating into warranty a bit, but figured I should just buy while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Yep and then there are those who need a boot in their ass for buying this stuff, then posting it for sale on EBAY and places trying to price gouge. Pisses me off. If you are not interested in buying it for your own use, don't try to take advantage of others and gouge to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by bombercraw View Post
    Yep and then there are those who need a boot in their ass for buying this stuff, then posting it for sale on EBAY and places trying to price gouge. Pisses me off. If you are not interested in buying it for your own use, don't try to take advantage of others and gouge to make a profit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast