In Need Of A Rod Tip

I have an older Quantum flippin rod that I need to replace the rod tip as the insert fell out

Anybody have one that they can sell me?

Looks to be a little larger than micro guides

Let me know if you have
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Check out mudhole.com, they have a few videos on how to size tip tops correctly and you can buy directly from them. The tip tops only cost a few bucks. If we were closer I’d say drop it off but I’m about 3.5hrs away.

to measure it accurately, use a pair of calipers and measure the tip of the rod in 64ths of an inch. Then measure the outside diameter of the insert on the guide closest to the tip in mm.

As an example, a 5/5.5 tip top would be 5/64ths of an inch tube size and 5.5mm ring size.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Go to Acadamy, Cabela's or Bass Pro. They sell just the tips or a kit that has 3 different sizes and it includes the glue.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Go to Acadamy, Cabela's or Bass Pro. They sell just the tips or a kit that has 3 different sizes and it includes the glue.
    None of those stores have the micro guides for sale. Fuji has a kit that you can buy 3 sizes of micro guides but I was just looking for one.

Another vote for Mudhole. You can even buy their tip top sizing guide and take all the guesswork out of this task. While your at it order some tip top adhesive, also. Both are cheap and will last the rest of your fishing days.

https://mudhole.com/collections/meas...e-sizing-gauge
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

Thanks guys a bunch of great ideas but I know every rod shop in the world. I just don't want to spend $20 for parts and another $7 or $8 to ship it.

Looking for a simple 1 rod tip in the mid micro range , just one. Was hoping someone may have one laying around instead of spending a bunch for 1 rod tip for a rod that I don't use all that much.

7. Member
    I've got a lot of Kigan 5.5 ring tips in black. I'd be more than happy to send you one but without getting an accurate size on that tube there's no way to tell if it's going to be a good fit. The pic next to the ruler doesn't help. Could be a 2.2 could be a 2.8. PM me a measurement of the rod tip in mm and your address and I'll send you one if you don't care that it'll be black. I'll even put some tip glue shavings in it so all you have to do is heat it up and stick it on.

8. Member
    Sent you a PM, just send me the bad tip

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Sent you a PM, just send me the bad tip

Thanks Mike, this is why I love this site so much. The best people in the world.