Avid Center Console; 21 FS or similar?

Anyone have an Avid boat? I was looking at Xpress and kind of decided I wanted a center console and nearly buying a Caymas CX18SS.

the other day I was at the Tulsa boat show and really liked the Avid 21FS and 21 Mag. Great looking boat and frankly seemed a little more appointed than the Xpress H20B and slightly larger. The Mag version has a nice 103" Beam on it too.

Anyway, any opinions appreciated.

Avid isn't one of the boat model forums is why I'm asking here.

Thank you

2. Member
    I have been looking at them too. Also looking at the Vexus 2180CC. There are a few Avid dealers around here and they've been getting a few in lately so I've been able to poke around them some. Both the Avid and the Vexus are really nice, well made boats. I think the Avid is actually a little better appointed than even the Vexus. Not much, but some. I may be thinking that becasue I've only been able to see one Vexus so far vs. a couple of Avids.

The fit of the lids, the layout of the consoles, a few small features here and there are just a little better in the Avid. I wish the read deck/seat layout of the Avid was like the Vexus.

I considered the Excel too but I think I've decided against that. I don't think the Express is a consideration for me either.

3. Member
    I'm with you. Pretty sure it's Avid ill get.