Riptide Trolling Motor Upgrade for Center Console Boat

I have a 2011 20’ Xpress CC that I use to bass fish 95% of the time in 12’ or less water. A factory installed Minn Kota 24v 70Lb Riptide is what I want to up grade because I have lost numerous fish dealing with the trolling motor hand control with windy conditions. I have an off-off floor power button that helps. I know I want Spot-Lock, variable speed, and the ability to network with graphs to follow contours. I thought about adding a recessed foot pedal but unsure about cutting the deck to install recessed mount with the center support beam under the deck surface….I know there are remote control units, but wouldn’t this still involve using one hand while fishing to control trolling motor? ….Looking for your comments and recommendations on which trolling motor to start looking at. Thanks

2. Member
    I have been considering the same , my problem is my Panoptix having to be mounted on a separate shaft to be rotated as i want. I've considered the Terrova , all TM's will be hard to find. try Russell Marine. My boat has 1 8' Power Pole. thinking of adding a second one. I'll be interested in your conclusion.

3. Member
    A good friend of mine has his Panoptix mounted on a separate shaft and works great…..while his Garmin Force is on spot lock he can turn his Panoptix where he wants too. It is more stuff to take out of the water but sure works well dialing in on the fish. Terrova huh, I am going to look at those units….

4. Member
    going to be difficult to fid. Russel marine, a board sponsor, was the only place I found one

5. Member
    I have a 112 lb thrust Terrova on my Xpress H20b and my livescope transducer on a pole. The pole and trolling motor both lay on he left side of the boat, leaving the right side clean for access to the boat. Works well for me.

6. Member
    Could you forward me a picture? How do you like your Terrova especially putting in and taking out of the water????? I would rather spend more money on the Livescope setup than on an Ulterra or Garmin Force trolling motor….thanks for the response and looking forward to the pic