new to Skeeter...I have questions please

Recently purchased a 2010 21i Class w/ 250 SHO. The boat runs fine...I have no issues in that regard. The dealer I purchased it from is unable to help answer the questions.

1. I can't find the "brain box" that is mentioned frequently. It is not under the floor panel behind the starboard compartment where it is supposed to be. There are no wires hanging loose back there either. I do have a push button dash and all of the buttons work, and analog gauges. I do have a fuse box in front of the driver console. Wondering what gives?

2. I read about "power hatch locks".. My locks are all manual key locks. It doesn't look like anything has been removed. I don't see a "lock/unlock" button on my dash anywhere.

Did skeeter build these boats without those options or maybe has someone redesigned the boat? If they did redesign it, it is a good job.

thanks for the comments and possible answers.

2. Member
    The brain box is under the rear starboard side corner floor panel. There are 4 hidden screws (hidden by carpet pile) that hold that corner down. The brain is mounted on the underside of that. There is a 4 digit code that came with your boat (there is also a factory default, which I don’t remember off hand). Press the code, then the power button, and all the lids should lock. Repeat and they should all unlock. Not sure when they did away with the lock system, but pretty sure it was carried well past 2010.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=JJohnSind;12273658]The brain box is under the rear starboard side corner floor panel. There are 4 hidden screws (hidden by carpet pile) that hold that corner down. The brain is mounted on the underside of that.

I have taken that floor panel off. No "box" ...no wires. I was told by another boat mechanic that if I have a fuse box I won't have a "brain". I guess in it's 10 year history someone could have rewired the boat.

Anyone else hear of that?

4. Member
    Not sure about your boat but on earlier Skeeters the computer (brainbox) is on the carpeted panel behind drivers feet. This photo shows it (Carling Technologies) as well as the fuse panel which is by driver right knee. These are from my 2002 ZX....if it helps....p.s. If you follow the wire from the back of your touch panel you'll find it wherever it is...
    ELECT.JPG
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

5. Member
    20211216_143436.jpgThanks for the pics McQuaid. I'll crawl around and look. My fuse panel is inside the starboard rod box (the pic shows looking down on it.
    Could the "brain" be inside this?

6. Member
    ok, that's much different than mine. Yes it could be all one unit that year....???
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO