2021 TRX 20 getting water in rear compartments

It is frustrating to get water in your compartments of a new boat..... On a clear day without running the live wells, I do not get water in the compartments.... if i run my live wells I get water in the compartments. does anyone else have this problem and if so how can we fix it?

Open lid up, take a flash light and look up underneath the fiberglass lips of both live wells. I bet you find they are not sealed properly @ very top and this is spilling over and where you’re getting the excess water from in the adjoining compartments.

3. Member
    Caymas Pro XS nailed it. 2 man job imo….one shines light, other identifies gaps. 1 man job if done at night (or in dark garage). Use an led shop light to identify gaps between top of livewell & bottom of rear deck. Do this from opposing sides (from compartments & from livewell. Mark the gaps & seal with Sudbury elastomeric sealant (Triton production manager recommended Sudbury to me a few years ago….back when you could get them on the phone).

Or, just run a bead of Sudbury around the complete seam ….. should have been done & checked at factory.

Good luck!
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    my 2021 triton trx 18 takes in water every trip. I did have water in back compartments after a tourny when the bilge went off. The live well lids needed silicone. I did that and no more water in compartments. However, I still have a decent amount of water drain out of bilge every trip. Could be a lot of places to look. I just have not done it and I shouldn't have to with a new boat
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. Member
    Check to see if they put enough sealant in the drain plug , in/out take tubes in the back bottom
    of the boat .. was the issue for few guys last year…

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    Check hose clamps on both ends of each hose in bilge (overflows, recirc, livewell, bilge & auto bilge).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC