Question Oil injection module

I have a 2001, 3 cylinder 90 HP s/n OT564286, I was told that I needed to unplug the purple wire on the oil control module to bypass the injection. I have looked this thing over and see nothing that resembles it. Would some mind telling me where in the ham sandwich it is?

2. Member
    likely mounted very low on block stbd side follow blue wire from engine tank back to it , theres more to it than just disconnecting that purple wire
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe, I understand that the pump gear has to be removed, the line bypassed but I have looked this engine over and can not find the module.I have followed the 2 blue wires back to where they go into another harness and still no module. I looked on Mercury’s parts diagram for electrical along with oil injection and can not find it there either. Totally stumped.

4. Member
    not one on it , only has revlimiter , not one shown on parts breakdown
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Thanks Joe, I looked everywhere I was told that it was an could not find it. I was told that it has to have it and could not work without one. I am an old mechanic so I also know that engineering can put things in the strangest places.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There were a good many of that engine series built without a warning module. Horn simply sounded for low oil or overheat, with no "test beep".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks Don as always for your help. So if the alarm goes off how do you identify if it’s over heat or low oil?

8. Member
    makes same sound , visual on oil tank , no water psi , engine very hot to touch , steam from tell tale , if you disconnect oil sensor only one left (overheat)

9. Member
    Awesome, I have not taken mine off, just doing all the research in case I do.

10. Member
    i wouldnt take it off , im sure another valued opinion will say the same

11. Member
    Thanks again for your help Joe. I love when dealers are willing to help with tips an advice.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I too prefer to keep the oil injection (and properly maintain it). Pretty simple (and reliable) system.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I too prefer to keep the oil injection (and properly maintain it). Pretty simple (and reliable) system.
    What is the proper methods for maintaining it....Thanks!

14. Member
    regular hose inspection or replacement , warning system verification of operation, any leakage repaired