Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    So a local place sold Levante for $199.00 two weeks ago now I see the same rod rack has been repriced to 250,that’s not a shipping container cost increase.
    Red Sox in 6!

2. Member
    As long as someone will pay the $250 for a Levante, that's what they will sell for. My guess, because I don't play in that league is that they would sell for $300 almost as well.

Rich, or silly, people will always buy luxury items.

If you want the prices to come down, don't buy. If enough people don't buy, prices will drop.

I'm in the consulting business. I've raised my rates. Why? Because the market will bear it. If people don't pay my increased selling rates, then I'll drop them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    So a local place sold Levante for $199.00 two weeks ago now I see the same rod rack has been repriced to 250,that’s not a shipping container cost increase.
    Do you think gas stations sell for the price gas was last week when they bought it?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    That local store now has a cost increase that they have to pay. they cannot sell something based on the old price that they have to replace at the newer inflated cost to them. They may be making a bit more on the sale of the old stock, but the inventory has to be replaced at the new rate. If the manufacturer was to lower the cost, then yes, the retailer is going to benefit. I think we can all agree however that the costs are not going down. they never do.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBankFishing View Post
    My hourly rate.
    Yes, I've noticed the same thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234