Tracker Classic XL Price

There is often a lot of talk regarding boat price increases over in the lounge. I guess that I don't follow pricing that closely since purchasing a new rig in 2018.

However, I was surprised to see a new Tracker Classic XL at Cabela's the other day for $16,000. It came with a 50 hp Merc. I just confirmed this price on Tracker's website. Weren't these boats $11,000 just about two years ago when they came out. I remember seeing one at Cabela's at that time and thinking what an incredible deal for somebody to get in a new boat for that little bit of money. This seems a bit excessive of a price increase. Or am I wrong on the original price when they were first introduced?

2. Member
    I just noticed the similar type of increase on a 190 TX. Like you, I'm glad I bought mine in 2018. I saved $9K over today's prices
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

3. Member
    Yes, theyve gone up a bunch. I bought my 2022 Classic XL last year... LUCKILY, my lovely wife is an employee and we received a VERY generous employee, discount or I might have gone a different route. All that said, Im glad I made the purchase and so far its been a great little rig.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John_6788 View Post
    Yes, theyve gone up a bunch. I bought my 2022 Classic XL last year... LUCKILY, my lovely wife is an employee and we received a VERY generous employee, discount or I might have gone a different route. All that said, Im glad I made the purchase and so far its been a great little rig.
    Glad you are enjoying it and got a sweet deal. They seem like a great little boat for sure.

I recently saw either photos or a video, can't remember which, where a guy extended the front deck on his Classic. He did a great job and it looked very professional. Couldn't tell it wasn't from the factory.

5. Member
    Yep. Prices seem to be skyrocketing. IIRC the two years after I bought my 2018 190TX prices went up about 1K per year. Now it's almost 8K over what I paid four years ago so that's a 6K increase in the last two years. That over 30% increase in four years. Dang I'm glad that I bought when I did.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Glad you are enjoying it and got a sweet deal. They seem like a great little boat for sure.

I recently saw either photos or a video, can't remember which, where a guy extended the front deck on his Classic. He did a great job and it looked very professional. Couldn't tell it wasn't from the factory.
    Yes, I did mine also...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

7. Member
    Prices on pretty much everything are up. I got an offer of $400 less than I paid for it new in 2018.

I paid the "new" price for my Classic XL. I enjoy it so that's what matters to me. FWIW I got a 31% raise last year.

John 6788, the deck looks great. I've considered that, but where to you keep your rods?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John_6788 View Post
    Yes, I did mine also...
    Amazing job John! Excellent work!

9. Member
    Amazing job John! Excellent work!
    Thank you Sir!

The deck extension mod is probably one of the most functional mods you can do to the Bass Trackers. I did mine some time ago and this thing rocks. It's nice to be able to comfortably fit two people up there without feeling cramped. It's well worth the trouble if you get one and want to do the mod.

PXL_20210717_002213705.jpg
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

Definitely crazy, I bought my 2019 TX 195 w/150 PRO XS as a new close out in Jan. 2020 and paid $28850. My bother bought a new TX 190(115 pro xs) this year( oops 2021) and paid basically the same when he added the spare and boat cover
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies