Live well valve issue

Got a issue with my live wells turn on auto drain out instead of holding the water. Do I need to change the valve and where is it located if so?

The valve is a simple item located in the middle sump area. It has a pump on one side and cable arm on the opposing. Be sure the cable retention is in place and that it’s going to the detent position on the handle.

3. Member
    When I turn it to auto you can feel a click like it would be going into position but when I pulled the boat out the water it slowly leaked all the water out. I assume it is either the valve isn’t closing all the way. Can it be broken down to check for debris not allowing it to seal?

The cable has a metal or plastic J hook that retains it on the valve body. If the cable slips, it will not fully rotate the flapper cage inside and will not seal. It’s fairly visible and pretty easy to figure out. If you need a valve body then you can purchase a new one as trash is seldom an issue.

5. Member
    Thanks I will give it a try this weekend

6. Member
    How do you get it separated from the pump? Is it siliconed?

It may have silicone as we don’t know how old yours is or the installer. The pump screws into the valve body.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It may have silicone as we don’t know how old yours is or the installer. The pump screws into the valve body.
    Mine is a 12 Eyra.

While that pump should be stock, often they are replaced on older boats leading to unknown installs.

10. Member
    Sometimes the flappers need replacing. I think they make a kit to rebuild the valve assembly.

11. Member
    Alright I was finally able to make it to my boat to check the valve. Cable and J hook seem to be working fine. So I assume the internals on the valve have gone bad. Is the valve offered in the basscat store website the same or comparable to the valve on a 2012 Puma?

12. Member
    Here is the kit from Flo Rite mentioned in a post above if you just wish to rebuild it.

https://store.flow-rite.com/valve-re...ngmpa-060.html
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    Thanks